Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV or UTV? Join our Forum!

Join QUADCRAZY ATV Forum today for FREE! We keep these forums clean and user friendly. All first posters will have to wait to have their content reviewed and approved. Once your first post is approved, you will no longer need to got through an approval process. To gain immediate approval and a NO ADS experience, consider subsribing to our Premium Membership.

86 or 88 bayou strange problem

spill

just got this bike, it runs but not well, doesnt smoke or anything but i noticed that when you try to start it, the spark plug keeps firing for a few seconds after the engine stops whirling over, and can hear it buzzing in the bottom end where the stator is, anyone know what this could be? also the only way it will start is to put my hand over the back of the carb, using the choke ( enrichener) doesnt do anything and the carb is rebuilt, thanks in advance

Dream Car Giveaway

how are the diaphragms ?

could be cracked and split allowing air ,,, vent/vacuum lines ok ?

not sure about the spark keeping on going ... any way you can test the regulator or cdi ? seems something isnt shutting down at the right time ... maybe the cdi more so ...

Edited by oxidized_black

i havent checked the starting issue yet, im more concerned about the spark issue at the moment, i have worked on hundreds of bikes over the years but have never come across this problem before, i have talked to lots of mechanics and noone seems to have heard of this either, the starting issue will be a pretty simple fix, im sure its just in the carb ( process of elimination ) it has a new carb kit in it so there arent many other parts in there, ill check the diaphrams like you said next, but first id like to see if antone else has ever had the spark problem before and if they did, what did they do to fix it? im going to check the pickup coil and see if maybe its set too close to the stator allowing spark to jump when its not supposed to