Quantcast

Yamato 70cc won't start... I'm Lost...

New2quad

I thought is was the starter solenoid, but now I'm just confused...

I checked continuity at the stop/run toggle switch and it seems to fine.

I checked continuity at the start button and it seems fine..

I checked continuity at the ignition and it seems fine...

But, the lead the plugs into the starter solenoid does not have continuity when all are engaged?

I do not see any broken or corroded wiring.

Any ideas are appreciated! I'm supposed to sell this in 3 days!!

Thanks everyone!!!

I could be wrong just going by some ways I do testing if an engine doesn’t crank hope this might help you

Have you tried to take jumper cable from battery plus side to the (TOUCH) starter side of the solenoid to see if it will crank the engine if so do it again but with the key on to see if it will start

If the engine does not crank take the ground side of the jumper cable the battery ground post to a good ground on the the engine then retry (TOUCHING) the starter side of the solenoid to see if it will crank and start the engine if the key is on if it should start (remove quickly) the starter side of the jumper cable

If it does nothing either way the starter might be bad or locked up you can remove the starter from the engine and using your jumper cables to see if the starter spins even if it should you might still have a bad starter

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Forum Topics

• By Tuzz
      Bucking started about a month ago and works ok after 1/2 hour warmup.  Today while working on it i discovered that if i put the ignition switch in LIGHT position it runs fine right from the start.
      I'm stumped!  Any idea why this could be?  

• By kawasig
      Hello All
      I'm kinda new to ATVs. I just bought a 1987 Suzuki quad runner 230 Dual Range. I'm having a problem finding info on it. It's very clean, only 2.800 miles. The front wheels are only 30 in.center to center. I was thinking about adding wheel spacers to give it more stability. I realize the added stress on ball joints and bearings. I'm wondering if there are any other concerns? Any input is greatly appreciated!
    • By Gwbarm
      I have a 1987 TRX 250,  it has been  very reliable except for this starting issue. I have replaced the starter and gears numerous times and still having problems. I think the last time was maybe 2 years ago and this Quad is used very little. Starter works fine, when you go to start it it goes clunk, clunk, clunk, blah and usually starts. If it doesnt start after blah, it not going too. Like i said earlier, last time i replaced the starter and gears and virtually no change except it would start everytime, but it always sounds like something broke right before it starts. Just wondering if anyone else has this problem with the 250. One other note, the kickstarter does not work, and never has as long as i have owned it, could that have anything to do with it.
    • By beast6228
      It's been a long time since I have used a forum, I was the admin of one for quite a few years, had thousands of daily active members, with lots of crazy posts and spammers, so I salute the admins. Anyway, just waving my greasy hands, Hopefully I can help others out.
    • By alexwv1863
      I recently had to replace the starter on my Kodiak. It cranks super easy now but it's make this high pitched squealing sound. It sounds like bearings that's not greased or something. I didn't take the starter apart to look it over before installing it. So it could need greased. Should I take it back off and do that, or could it be something else I should look at? It didn't make this noise with the old starter.