Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV, UTV or SxS? Join our Community Forum!

QUADCRAZY ATV Community and Forum are FREE to join! We keep our ATV, UTV, and SxS forums clean and user friendly. All first time posters in our forums will have to wait to have their content reviewed and approved. Once your first ten posts are approved, you will no longer need to go through a forum post approval process. To bypass the approval process with immediate access and a NO ADS experience in our ATV, SxS, and UTV forums, consider subsribing to a Premium Membership

New and Learning to Wrench on my Own Quads

Hi! I'm new here, and I'm striving hard to learn about doing my own quad repairs. That's how I stumbled on this forum, and I wanted to introduce myself.

I wrote a little article about my travails with wrenching on my website, Raventurous - My Life Outside My Comfort Zone (specifically, Mechanics Make Quad Repair Look Easy). I'd really love for you to check it out ant tell me what you think. I've been riding quads for about five years and have been working on my own repairs for nearly that long.

Thanks for checking out this post! I’ll hope to get to know people soon.

-Raven

Featured.Quad repair-quad-atv-offroad-trx450 repair-yfz450 repair- trx450-yfx450-carb repair-qua.jpg

7.Quad repair-quad-atv-offroad-trx450 repair-yfz450 repair- trx450-yfx450-carb repair-quad carb .jpg

57d7734c1157d_Featured.Quadrepair-quad-atv-offroad-trx450repair-yfz450repair-trx450-yfx450-carbrepair-qua.jpg.fb4cef24b2c1c65ca213b3739d924f2d.jpg

57d7734c13c91_7.Quadrepair-quad-atv-offroad-trx450repair-yfz450repair-trx450-yfx450-carbrepair-quadcarb.jpg.7f7b3c153d9b132b0ba2f8c6a57b05f6.jpg

Welcome Raven. There is a "She Rides" section here too. She Rides! » QUADCRAZY ATV Forums

Saw your blog. Live it up!

I was a heavy jet airplane mechanic for several years before going into management. One thing is true for all machines, RTFM (Read The Manual). If you can read, you can fix anything.

Hey, thanks for the beta on the She Rides section; looking forward to checking it out.I bet that will be a fun place especially for discussing the lack of good women's gear and finding good resources from other people with the same fit problems. :cute:

-Raven

My wife has some of the same issues. To solve her throttle thumb getting tired and cold on long rides, she installed a motorcycle style grip throttle on her wheeler. Though that might not be as much of problem for you in CA.

Speaking of CA, I hope you are not a 49er fan.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk

My wife has some of the same issues. To solve her throttle thumb getting tired and cold on long rides, she installed a motorcycle style grip throttle on her wheeler. Though that might not be as much of problem for you in CA.

Speaking of CA, I hope you are not a 49er fan.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk

Worse; I'm a Charger's fan~. Thanks for the tip! Usually I have the too-hot problem in my desert, as it's up to 117º in the summer. Right now it's just under 80º... what part of the country (world?) are you in?

We call it snowmachining here. I`ve not got into it much mostly because I wear glasses and they fog up immediately. Also, spend my time and treasure on keeping 5 wheelers functional. It is a great place to ride and those that do, can`t wait for the freeze. The lakes and swaps become play grounds, the rivers: super highways.

The big annual event is this: arcticman.com - Home

We call it snowmachining here. I`ve not got into it much mostly because I wear glasses and they fog up immediately. Also, spend my time and treasure on keeping 5 wheelers functional. It is a great place to ride and those that do, can`t wait for the freeze. The lakes and swaps become play grounds, the rivers: super highways.

The big annual event is this: arcticman.com - Home

Oh, man! That looks like an utterly noisy, rowdy blast.^_^ thanks for sharing that with me! I'm looking forward to checking out the gallery.