Quantcast

can anyone ID this mini "atv"

Hello all, new here. At a total loss as to what this is... also, only ran on day 1 of having it!

[ATTACH]1896[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1897[/ATTACH]

There are no identifying markings that I can find. It ran great on day 1, sat for a few days. Now getting it started is a chore, and if it does fire up, its drivable for a few mins before giving up. I have very little engine experience outside of the 2.2/2.5 turbo mopars...Any help is appreciated

20141228_164538.jpg.47feec7e9429dd5a0b1311624bf49c28.jpg

20141228_164404.jpg.5e3221040887b270595baad20dca616a.jpg

Edited by daytonashelby

you either have to much gas or to much air. it should start on choke with no throttle if spark is good. one test is to take out plug, try to start it and see if gas is puking out cylinder. then put in a bottle cap full of gas directly into the motor at the plus hole. add a new dry plus, put it on choke and start it. do not use throttle. it should start right up if spark is good. if not you may have a low spark or a low compression engine.

• 2 months later...

Carbs arent that bad. People get scared of them. Just youtube "how to clean carb" and "how to tune idle on carb" and "how to tune mix on carb". They are really not hard. Put a WHITE trash bag down where you are gonna work. Get a can of carb cleaner. Take 1 thing out a a time. Once you have clean that 1 thing, put it right back, unless there is something more under it the need to be cleaned. Then take that out clean it and put it back. For tuning you wanna start with idle screw all the way in. Then you are gonna screw you mixture screw all the way in. The screws only need to be lightly seated. Now the only issue is that your quad isnt running. Normally you would screw it out until it is at the highest rpm you can get it with the mixture screw. Then go to your idle and slowly turn that out till it has a good idle speed. Im gonna say the normal turns out is 2 1/2. So just put them both around there and see. Start with the carb cleaning then tuning. Youtube will really help with the carb. They do seem imitating.

Are you filters clean? Is there all the proper fluids?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Forum Topics

• By Gwbarm
      I have been exploring all the options available, so many, its hard to choose. I have kind of narrowed it down to the Honda Pilot, Subaru Outback, and Kind of looking at the Outlander, although its a little small,  the new one is nice looking. Just wondering if anyone has any recommendations or gripes with any of these rides. I have driven Jeeps for the past 25  years and they have been great, but their price point has gotten to high. Expieriences good or bad would be helpful. Thanks!
    • By DrtyGrlKristin
      Just thought I'd start a new thread for newbies to the site!
      If you're new here, tell us who you are, where you're from and what you ride!!!
      Lets get to know each other a little better shall we?
      I'm not new to the site, obviously, but...
      I'm Kristin from Denver!!! I ride a 2008 Yamaha Rhino. She's my muddy baby!!!!!! Several aftermarket parts on her. She's good to me! We try and ride every weekend. This weekend we're off to MOAB! :woot:
    • By Suzukiquad
      Hi, I have been around everything with a motor since I was little, and finally purchased more to get my husband, and kids involved. I have 4 quads I will be searching around for information on. I have two 2002 Suzuki LT80K quads, a 1997 Yamaha Timberwolf 250, and a 1996 Kawasaki Bayou 220. I have had different ones throughout the years, and plan on buying another Yamaha Banshee. I plan on trying to learn more about all of them, so I can customize some of them. I know nothing about them besides how to race them, my dad always took care of the rest, but figured it was time for me to learn. 
    • By Drillbit
      Hi all, from Virginia here. This winter I bought a old Atv to tinker with and have really enjoyed it. Thanks for this forum.
    • By Suzukiquad
      If you had to choose one mod that you couldn't live without, or had to recommend one what would it be?