Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV? Join our Forum!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

BuckBilly

Bought the wife a 250 ES Recon

I bought the wife a 07 250 Recon ES this past friday. I highly recomend it if interested in one. I will give more details and compare it to my 02 Ozark as we ride some more.

Christina's ATV!!!.jpg

57d7732e50d25_ChristinasATV!!!.jpg.c92bf59fb20105977f92b85696b0cb6c.jpg

I didn't see this post. How does she like it?
She flat out loves it!:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin::wink: :wink: Best money I have spent , in a long time!:laugh:

The Ozark and Recon pretty much are evenly matched in Horsepower and torque. The Recon turns tighter and is a lot less tippier than the Ozark. The Recon has more room for the rider than the Ozark. The Recon is very cold blooded machine to start. The Ozark is not to bad for cooler to cold weather starting. The Ozark handles my 910 lbs yard roller better than the Recon.

I would highly recomend either machine to anyone considering either of these machines.The only reason I would buy a Recon over the Ozark , is because my Suzuki dealer SUCKS!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Lance Workman
      Guys, had a worn smokey recon 250 to the point it it was fouling plugs. Well pulled the jug looked great and believe my culprit was valve seals. They could not even hold the valve in place. So honed the cylinder for good measure and installed new rings while it was apart. Also lapped valves while it was apart due to little corrosion on the intake valve face, went on and did exhuast while it was apart also. Reinstalled everything, adjusted valves, I cant remember how far out they was but they where out a bit. Well long story short it started up, ran great for about 20 minutes and then randomly died while accelerating. Compression is 60 psi at best.... double checked valve lash and it was way out?? Adjusted it, but you can tell its not right. Still no start, and with rockers arms removed still not compression......? Which making believe ring issue? But why is valve lash  all over the place?! Is there an easy way to check cam to crank timing to make sure it hasn't jump time? Thanks!
    • By matthew smith
      I have a honda recon 250 that i just bought. the compression is around 90 needs to be rebuilt. im getting into rebuilding it took apart the top end no problem except for the cylinder walls. as shown in the pictures. the way the piston sits in the cylinder is if you were sitting on the wheeler the skirt on the piston is left to right. so the wrist pin is front to back. which is where the two marks are in the cylinder. so that means the connecting rod is making the piston slap the cylinder on the wrist pin side which seems like a weird way for the cylinder to be moving. not natural. now the connecting rod has slight play left to right but not up and down. ive talked to a few people they say it might be the roller bearings in the connecting rod where it meets the crankshaft. but the play it has is not that much. im just looking for some more input before i start splitting the case. 

• By Rick Shropshire
      Happy New Year all! Remember not to operate any vehicles while under the influence, you could get busted or worse, you could get hurt or hurt someone else who's playing it safe and end up in jail. Have fun and be safe.
    • By matbogbry
      Looking for a used crankshaft (cheap) for a 2003 Honda Recon or 250EX. Several model years will work. I only need the timing chain sprocket, but I can remove it from the old crank.
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By Ellery Zandt
      Does anyone have a redcat 250 or falcon 250cc that they can share where the two vacuum lines on the carburetor that you run antifreeze through I honestly have no idea where the lines are suppose to go to circulate the antifreeze. 

Any help is greatly appreciated. 

• By BosoxBruce
      Recently I noticed gas leaking from under the gas tank on my 2005 250 2x4. As I looked closer it appears to be leaking from the shut off valve under the tank. It's the valve with the handle that can be turned to open, close or reserve. Can this part be replaced? Thank you.
    • By Derick Joel Smith Trimmings
      Buying a Baja 250 tomorrow for 600 bucks, needs nothing but a wheel bearing, i already know Baja is an off brand crappier. Manufacturer, but does anyone have any tips or knowledge of these bikes? 
    • By fatfarmboy
      Just bought (Tue. evening) an '89 Suzuki 250 4wd that has been sitting out the last 5 yrs. It's complete, including the shift knobs, battery cover, and headlights. It has the optional cooling fan on it (probly stuck - didn't check), and the engine isn't locked up. Plastic looks good and isnt cracked. Racks aren't bent up. Shift lever works, the foot brake moves (needs oil - have to pull it up by hand), and there's black oil and no water in the engine sight glass. Guy was asking $125 and gladly took $100 for it. Anxious to get started on bringing it back to life. Been wanting one of these for years. As soon as I can get to it (working on a junky "Jackel" right now - Chinese Yamaha Timberwolf). I'm going to pull the tank off it and clean it, clean & possibly rebuild carb, put in new plug, and a battery, then see what happens. If nothing, will keep going until it runs. Feel free to respond if you want to, I'm mainly just excited and wanted to tell somebody. 
    • By Flanstone
      I just bought two 1985 TRX250's from my father-in-law. One runs great, the other not so much. The one is having issues with the shifter. The shifter seems to be resting lower than normal. When I press the shifter downward, it just pops back up. Any thougjts as to what the issue might be?