Quantcast

Over charging a battery?

Hello all,

I am still a little green when it comes to Atvs so please be gentle.

I was charging my battery to take the machine out for a test spin I thought I put it on a trickle charge and ended up putting it on a fast charge! Came back out to the garage to find it smoking not to bad with still I could see it steaming coming out the top. I looked and saw a little water on the bottom where the battery was sitting. I took the battery off the charger fast and let it cool down.

Question is did I wreck this battery it looks the same, the water and stuff is still inside? Do I just buy a new one or could or should I even try to charge this one again?

Thanks in advance

Monster

:unsure:

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Forum Topics

• By gatorschevy
      If so, I have covid lol, in the past 3 months I have bought 6.
      04 Suzuki Quad runner 400
      86 Kawasaki bayou 185
      96 Polaris magnum 425
      95 Polaris trail blazer 250
      03 bombardier 175 rally
      92 Yamaha moto 4 350 
    • By Suzukiquad
      If you had to choose one mod that you couldn't live without, or had to recommend one what would it be? 
    • By Topendcol
      First issue was fuel pump wont start once ignition has been turned on. Replaced the pump as I had one on hand, than noticed no power so replaced the fuel pump relay as that was were i traced the power to. Still nothing so further inspection looks like signal is coming from the PCM (FLR B20) but not switching the the brown wire to the fuel pump. Ive checked the operation of the bank angle sensor and it appears operational. Fuses and wiring all appear OK. The engine stop relay also tests OK. Ive been through the repair manual and diagrams but to no avail. Fully stumped, any tips would be helpful. Thanks
      Col
    • By afterburn
      From North Carolina here and glad to join this group.
    • By p5200
      Hello folks, I have a Polaris 500 Scrambler. Not positive I need a new battery.  The folks I got the ride from said they put a new battery on it right before selling it to me. It's been a couple cold months before I tried starting it. After jumping it now, I let it idle plus revved it quite a bit for about 20 minutes. Then I shut it off and tried to restart barely turns over and that's it? Am I not giving it enough charge time maybe need to actually ride it? The battery on it is a Continental CTX9-BX. I lf a new battery is needed would maybe Amazon have a decent one? Thanks!