Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV or UTV? Join our Forum!

Join QUADCRAZY ATV Forum today for FREE! We keep these forums clean and user friendly. All first posters will have to wait to have their content reviewed and approved. Once your first post is approved, you will no longer need to got through an approval process. To gain immediate approval and a NO ADS experience, consider subsribing to our Premium Membership.

2000 big bear 400 Oil punp quit???

switch

I just got a big bear 400 on a trade. They say the mechanic told them the oil pump quit and it is junk. The machine looks almost new and has never left the old man's farm. It will not turn over but I have yet to determine if that is due to the issue or the guy not putting it back together right. I think he was trying to snow the old guy. Do these oil pumps quit? What is typical? I am a Honda 2 stroke guy by nature but I love my timberwolf but the wife has claimed it and figured this may be its big brother and be mine around the farm.

• 2 months later...
Dream Car Giveaway

Update.... wasn't the oil pump. PO ran it up on a stump and broke the oil cooler right at the line coupling. pumped the oil right out on the ground. dummmmmmb. Now rebuilt. Runs great but I have bypassed the cooler until I can find one. 01 is newer style. I found a 99 but it has different fittings and no mount for the fan.