Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

invest0rs

Linhai 260cc ATV No Spark

Hello everyone. I am new to the forum and am hoping someone out there can help me with a no spark issue I am having with my ATV. I have the service manual and I have replaced/checked everything that I know how with the exception of the Digital Igniter Unit. Does anyone know how to test this item to verify if it is bad or not. Thanks in advance for your help. Stacey

OK, so I replaced the CDI, still no good. So, I have replaced the coil and CDI, verified my Kill switch works correctly, verified no grounds and good continuity in all of the wires. I verified I had the correct ohm readings (according to my service manual) for the pickup coil (Trigger) but have done nothing else with it. I do have a question. I have 12Vdc going to one of the contacts on the ignition coil, as it should according to my service manual. The coil is only suppose to have 3.6-4.8 ohms between the contacts so I assume I will see the 12Vdc on the other contact when connected (which I do). However, while sitting in a static condition, just for the heck of it, I checked the voltage on the spark plug cap, and I have 12vdc sitting on it, and therefore sitting on the spark plug while it is on it. Is that normal. That wire is coming off of the secondary coil and I had thought that voltage must be flowing through the primary coil in order for it to induce voltage on the secondary coil. I know a little bit about how coils work, but have no idea if that is the way that they are suppose to work on ATV's. Again, just for the heck of it, I check the voltage while trying to turn it over, and the 12vdc that was on it before just trickles down to zero. Any ideas on what to do? Any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks Stacey