Quantcast

Mi. male looking for atv friend/buddy for up-north trails 50-60's

Guest zilla

Hello, I live in Taylor Mi. Enjoy northern atv trails, camping, camp fire cooking, the many diners. Kids sold their atv's and here I am sitting at home thinking about all the great places we've ridden since 86 around St Helens, Mio, West Branch, Rose city areas.  Looking for trail friend from ages 50-60's with atv and the means to help with sharing expenses and transportation. Or if you know of someone that might be interested within this age range and with atv, please pass on the invite. thank zilla 

PIC_0228.JPG

21 minutes ago, zilla said:

Hello, I live in Taylor Mi. Enjoy northern atv trails, camping, camp fire cooking, the many diners. Kids sold their atv's and here I am sitting at home thinking about all the great places we've ridden since 86 around St Helens, Mio, West Branch, Rose city areas.  Looking for trail friend from ages 50-60's with atv and the means to help with sharing expenses and transportation. Or if you know of someone that might be interested within this age range and with atv, please pass on the invite. thank zilla 

PIC_0228.JPG

Hey  zIlla i live near you. I don't own a quad right now but have had many in the past.  My favorite was the Lt 250 86 model. I see your quadzilla there's not many quads that can keep up with it. I go to Mio and Rose city to flyfish in Ausube river.  My daughter stays in Lincoln park i live in Pinckney, Mi. I don't get up north enough anymore my job takes place of it. Im a trucker and come home every month for a week. Lately I've been restoring motorcycles got a few projects im working on. 

I just sold my third TRX 250r in order to pick up this, my second zilla. fits me just right for the tails! I'll be installing a better rear shock soon. The stock is beating me up on those whoops, lol Haven't had a chance to take her out of 3rd gear yet, since we have been doing mainly tight Rose City hill trails. Can't wait to get back there soon! The Yooper calls!

On the contrary. I've owned 17 different wheeler's 2 and 4 stroke, with reverse and without. I've found out its much quicker to turn around without reverse by either kicking the rear end around with body movement and hitting gas, turning on a dime! The other way is to ride up on a slope then using gravity to roll back in the other direction quickly! Taking the time and effort going through the reverse shifting procedure gets really old, while these 2 strokes are way down the trail, waiting. lol The wheeler's with reverse can also do the same thing, without using their reverse, just takes practice. 

Hope to get into a few more rides before hard winter sets in! Get another quad there Sparkplug and lets spend a few days out in gods country up north! :)

Hey Zilla hope to have one by Spring.  Keeping an eye out for a Polaris 400 2stroke w/reverse.  They are pretty quick and torquey anyway that's the plan.  Do you have any suggestions? Like I said not much will keep up with the Zilla!  How about a Raptor 660 or 700? What do you think? Steve

1 hour ago, sparkplug said:

Hey Zilla hope to have one by Spring.  Keeping an eye out for a Polaris 400 2stroke w/reverse.  They are pretty quick and torquey anyway that's the plan.  Do you have any suggestions? Like I said not much will keep up with the Zilla!  How about a Raptor 660 or 700? What do you think? Steve

I've owned 17 different wheeler's 2 and 4 stroke, with reverse and without. I've found out its much quicker to turn around without reverse by either kicking the rear end around with body movement and hitting gas, turning on a dime! The other way is to ride up on a slope then using gravity to roll back in the other direction. Taking the time and effort going through the reverse shifting procedure get really old, while these 2 strokes are way down the trail, waiting. lol The wheeler's with reverse can also do the same thing, without using their reverse, just takes practice.

My son just sold his raptor 660. Great machine and It can climb just about anything! 

I found a few more pics I took this spring.

009.JPG

088.jpg

109.jpg

PIC_0221.JPG

On 10/1/2016 at 9:12 PM, zilla said:

I've owned 17 different wheeler's 2 and 4 stroke, with reverse and without. I've found out its much quicker to turn around without reverse by either kicking the rear end around with body movement and hitting gas, turning on a dime! The other way is to ride up on a slope then using gravity to roll back in the other direction. Taking the time and effort going through the reverse shifting procedure get really old, while these 2 strokes are way down the trail, waiting. lol The wheeler's with reverse can also do the same thing, without using their reverse, just takes practice.

My son just sold his raptor 660. Great machine and It can climb just about anything! 

009.JPG

088.jpg

109.jpg

PIC_0221.JPG

On 10/1/2016 at 9:12 PM, zilla said:

009.JPG

088.jpg

109.jpg

PIC_0221.JPG

Hey how you find a machine that's 30 years old in such good shape?  Did you or someone restore it?