Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Handyman860

Starting Problem with Praire 300 4x4

Hi all,

New to the form but have gotten lots of information so it was time to sign up.

I live in NJ and have 3 ATV's. one Suzuki 400 Eiger 4x4 and  a Honda recon 250. Use them on my farm and take them into a sand pit by me and have a blast with them.

I have my cousins Kawasaki Prairie 300 4x4. (I believe its a 2000?) It's been sitting for 3 years and he wanted to get it running for use on his horse farm to haul hay and feed during the winter. I'm having problems getting it to start. Here's what I done so far:

Replaced fuel tank due to cracked top and leaking with used one.

Replaced fuel lines from tank to shutoff and carb

Replaced carb with new. Old one was corroded in the bowel.

Replaced Battery

Getting spark on plug but still will not turn over. I have sprayed starting fluid into carb but still will not even attempt to kick over. It just cranks.

If I pull start, I feel good compression

All suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Jeff

I would still do a compression test. Did it have any issues before it sat for 3 years? Have you changed the oil? Is there any moisture in the cylinders when you pull the plug?

I wonder if the spark isn't hot enough, maybe look into is the CDI box.

Moved topic to Kawasaki forum.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.