Make Muddy Gear Look Like New

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

•  Like what you are reading? Please help us by sharing this content.
  • Similar Content

• By iliketoROFL
      Hey guys, I've had my grizz for about 2 years now, and I'd like a louder, more aggressive sound. Any de-baffling methods or things of the such that I should know about? Thanks guys. Any recommendations for any aftermarket silencers that sound really good are welcome
      :canadaflag:
    • By fiddlebick
      I am repairing my 100 for the grandkids, the rear axle pinion gear is chewed up, but luckily I found a used on from an old moto 4 80cc that is interchangeable...I only had to change out the axle hubs, and they are splined, so that was easy. I now need to fill the rear casing with grease, as I cleaned all the old grease out. What should I use for this? It is sealed when assembled, with no way to check it or fill it further. Any help is appreciated.
    • By dirtboy93
      I have a 2006 kingquad 700 efi I got a 2" lift with 28" silverbacks,I've got a 106 cp big bore kit, and I'm looking to see what I can do to get a gear reduction and I can't find it any where is it in the beveal gears or a clutch kit?
    • By MadMan
      I recently bought a 2000 Polaris Sportsman 500 4x4 with CVT. The bike runs great. Starts right up and motor sounds solid. My problem is sometimes when I shift into gear it grinds as I'm shifting. I always make sure the bike is at a complete stop, I press the foot brake on, and I shift the lever into HIGH or LOW or REVERSE and it grinds as it pops in gear. I'm guessing maybe the idle is too high or I may need a new clutch kit. It has the original stock CVT clutch (springs and weights) so it's probably due for some maintenance. I have adjusted the throttle screw on the carb and when I first turn on bike when cold it idles fine, but after I've been riding a while and she is good and warmed up she idles slightly higher which then creates this horrible grind noise when I shift into gear. My old '92 Polaris Trail Boss did the exact same thing but I found if I applied the foot brake it stopped it from grinding. Pressing the foot brake as I shift doesn't seem to help. I have not opened up the cvt cover to investigate the pulleys yet. Any advice before I start dismantling parts? I'm thinking I will adjust my idle down a little. If this doesn't help I'll take a look at the CVT. Previous owner claims he installed a NEW belt, but never messed the pulleys. And on a side note I plan on changing the stock 25" tires with some 26" or 27" mud tires. This would be a good reason to upgrade my bike with a clutch kit. It would help turn the bigger tires and I'm guessing it might help with this grinding problem.
      Any help is greatly appreciated. I am handy with a wrench, but I am not a mechanic by trade.