Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Too_Late_I_Won

Free Mods??? 08 Ooutlander 800xt

I have on 08 Outlander 800XT Are there any free mods you can do to these?

I know in the past it almost doesnt matter what you drive. There is always free mods you can do either for performance or longevity of the machine. 
I had a Honda XR250 With several free mods you could do like the biggest thing was the header there was a huge weld bead inside the chocked down the exhaust. You grind that down a little (free) and way better throttle response. 

Thanks looking forward to see what all is out there.  

I understand what you mean by free mods. Little mods you can do without spending any money.  Things like removing the air box lid and smoothing out welds. I don't know of any for Outlanders. The air box lid removal is the only one I ever used and that is universal.

8 hours ago, quadmaniac said:

What do you mean by free? Tuning? There are always mods but they cost money like tires, exhaust etc. 🙂

There are mods Ive been able to do on other atvs dirt bikes cars etc.,etc.,  I know if I wanted to make it faster or stronger or more capable of off roading.  I can always buy aftermarket stuff and put on there.   Anyone can do that.  Anyone can buy aftermarket performance stuff and put it on.  
I was curious if there were anything I can do with what is on there and modify what I have to make better.   

On 2/9/2017 at 5:22 PM, Too_Late_I_Won said:

There are mods Ive been able to do on other atvs dirt bikes cars etc.,etc.,  I know if I wanted to make it faster or stronger or more capable of off roading.  I can always buy aftermarket stuff and put on there.   Anyone can do that.  Anyone can buy aftermarket performance stuff and put it on.  
I was curious if there were anything I can do with what is on there and modify what I have to make better.   

Got it, was just asking. So really you are looking for tuning without replacing. That quad is fuel injected right? 

21 hours ago, quadmaniac said:

Got it, was just asking. So really you are looking for tuning without replacing. That quad is fuel injected right? 

Correct!!!   and yes EFI