Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV, UTV or SxS? Join our Community Forum!

QUADCRAZY ATV Community and Forum are FREE to join! We keep our ATV, UTV, and SxS forums clean and user friendly. All first time posters in our forums will have to wait to have their content reviewed and approved. Once your first ten posts are approved, you will no longer need to go through a forum post approval process. To bypass the approval process with immediate access and a NO ADS experience in our ATV, SxS, and UTV forums, consider subsribing to a Premium Membership

Textron, Arctic Cat merger

Since Arctic Cat sold to Textron, there has definitely been some changes on a few things. Just before this happened i saw some 4 wheelers at a dealer that i had never seen before and had to drop by and see them. They were made by Textron and called the Onslaught, it had a 550 engine (single cylinder i think) and were made in Taiwan.  Now that the two companies have merged i can't find the Onslaught ATV anymore, and now both Textron and AC are making the WIldcat and the Alterra but i keep hearing and reading that they have the same engines as one another but different frames.    Surely someone knows more about this situation than i do, what can you tell me?  

When I heard of the merger I pulled the trigger and replaced my girls quad with a 2017 Alterra. We kept her 2010 366 is a backup machine. I wanted to see what would happen after the merger. So far they are doing good. My local dealer has sold more machines because they changed the pricing to make them more competitive. That 2017 Alterra 400 I got for $4500, thats hard to beat (and that is not a sale price)

They are keeping the plant open and I heard they plan to expand it, so that is a good thing, I hear they want to produce more engines from the facility.

Mike

• Like 1