Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV? Join our Forum!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Gary Patch

Honda TRX FM3 Rancher electrical issue

trx fm3 rancher switch ignition on turn anyting on on left handle bar switch lights or start button and ignition lights go out and sometimes don't come back on .not being too good with electrics anybody have any thoughts please😍

Does it start? What year is it?

* Added ATV info into topic title.

11 hours ago, Gary Patch said:

Did start  but temperamental on start button it's a 2003 ajmboy 

When you say temperamental, is it in terms of slow cranking or just wont catch and start? Wondering if the battery is good.

sorted now ajmboy think lights or left kill /start switch was shorting out disscnnected lights as not needed joined the 2 wires on kill switch and put start switch independent ,well happy 😁thanks for your input though

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Brock Kincaid
      Ok so just picked up an 02 ds 650 and the guy said he couldn't get it to start. He had a shop put new shims in it and I had them checked and they were ok now things I've done is new plugs even though guy had just put new plugs in it.. got new carb 42mm just like the one that was on it.. bought new intake manifold because the one that was on it someone got way to tweaked out and ported the shit out of it excuse my language but yeah so installed new intake manifold and it just won't start like its not getting enough fuel.  Timing seems to be right it does fire every now and again but just barely.. did a compression test today and it was at 90psi.. i know thats low but don't know where I'm losing compression.. valves we at .06 and .07 when checked im lost ive tried everything I know and can't figure it out
    • By David Goff
      So i have an old yamaha bear tracker that was given to me from an old farmer I know. I decided to refurbished it and fix all the quick fixes on it. I am pretty sure that it is either a 1999 or 2000 based upon the original wiring harness. Little did i know when I bought a new to me wiring harness from ebay that it was from a 2003 or 2004. My question to everyone is do I need to have all the stop switch assemblies hooked up? I think there are three on the 03/04 models and only one on the 1999 to 2000. Any help I can get for this would be great. I haven't run it yet due to the motor and crankcase is in two totes. 

• By BuckBilly
      Good morning to all !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      Let's see if we can make this a daily event.
    • By JacobSlabach
      Hey so i sold my 04 rubicon and wanted something new so i went to NC and bought a '13 scrambler 850XP LE EPS.  love it the only issues with it when i bought it were a leak in the front tire and the mice had chewed through one of the spark plug wires.  currently have a substitute hooking the chewed end to the ignition coil so itll run on both cylinders however im having an issue finding a replacement coil wire for it and was wondering if yall had any advice.  i need the longer of the two coil wires and i can only find the shorter one online.  will throw up some pics of it when i can
    • By Brent Wright
      What's a good size to start a 10 year old on?
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By Trenton
      Hello. I am a new member as of today. I had a quick question to ask. I recently was driving mt HONDA RANCHER 2004 GPSscape 400 and my display stopped working. I was driving the atv and all of a sudden the speedometer and the service lights went out. Also the lights stopped working. I am still able to shift gears, change from 2wd to 4wd, and can still select if I want EPS or Auto. I have checked my fuse box and have changed a few of them around. It did not change anything. I was wondering if anyone had any idea of what had happend. Thank you for your time- Trenton 
    • By RDALE352
      My Rancher cranks right up and runs great for a while and then it will suddenly sputter out and die. It usually cranks right back up and again runs great for a while and then same thing. Yesterday it got to where it acted like it wasn't going to crank back up a few time but eventually did. Any suggestions??
    • By Barb
      I have a 2000 350 Honda Rancher has a electrical problem battery seams charged but won't start put jumper on start ridgt up take jumper off won't start .
    • By Jeff Taylor
      I bought a roughish Honda rancher TRX350TM3 and I am having trouble locating the vin number - I would like know year and specs as is it rough , it runs but has multiple little issues ( choke cable seems frozen , carb has sticky or ill adjusted float and leaks gas from bottom of carb , shut off valve needs new o-ring to stop leaking , ect)  just age and lack of maintenance issues , but I need to know what it is to get correct specs … I was told there would be a tag on front end of frame but I don't see one . Any help would be greatly appreciated . 
    • By frankc
      I have a 2005 Honda Rancher 2-stroke. It's been sitting for a while. Yesterday I started it up and it idles well.
      When I tried to drive it, it bogs down and misses when I accelerate. Drained fuel, added new fuel and carb
      cleaner, and let it idle for a few minutes. It still bogged down, and I noticed a fuel leak under the carb. There's
      a tube from the bottom of the carb with something that looks like a filter. The gas was leaking from the end
      of the tube. Anyone have any ideas as to what the tube is, and what it actually does?