Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Speaking of unstable, this pic is me after I tried to hydroplane my quad. I made it about 20 yards across then I lost control when the water got more and more shallow

3000.jpg

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• New to Quads and lovin it!

Been a motorsport guy for a long time and moved to the country a few months ago...got two quads- 2018 Yamaha 700 4x4 and Polaris 110 Outlaw for the kiddos.  Been great but that polaris has been a maintenance suck.  Brakes suck, electrical system suck.  Currently it is dead - I will say my son rides it just about every day and LOVES it.  Fuses are good and Key switch is ok, battery ok, Going to start to dive into wiring but need a manual to start tracing wires... so this is one of n threads to start here...  

By Mike Foreman, in New Members Area!

• 26 replies
    • How did you get into Quads?

Heres my story. Kinda long. I guess I was a late bloomer when it comes to quads. I had never ridden a quad in my life. Rode Dirt Bikes as a kid growing up. Back in Oct of '06 I found a Mustang on craigslist. Took it for a test drive one morning before work. Fast car. 351 Cleveland. I had planned on meeting the guy again after work. For some strange reason thats still to this day beyond me, I stopped in Hillsboro MotoSports on the way home from work. I had 6 Grand on me. There was a left over '05 sitting by the front door. It was on sale for $4999. It was $5499 OTD. I didnt even look at anything else. I knew nothing about quads accept I thought it really looked coool and I had the money in my pocket to buy it. I was sitting on it when the salesman walked up and asked... "Can I help you?" Without hestitation I pulled 60 Ben Franklins outta my front pocket and said "I want this Quad. Load it up in my truck." It was just about dark by the time I drove away from the shop. BTW, I didnt bother to ask my ol lady if I could buy it. LOL. Anyway, I took it by the house and showed her. She was kinda stunned but not mad. We drove over to a friend of mines house and unloaded it. I took it to the field across the street from his house. HOLY CHIT!!!!! I was surprised by the power. I had it for about 2 weeks and took it to Sand Lake. I was there a few hours and rolled it on a banked turn at the top of the bowl right before you get to the one-ways. When it rolled, I flew off and landed on my belly. The quad came bouncing and landed on my back. For a month I couldnt even walk. I was scared of it. I considered trading it for a 250EX. Went back to the shop. The salesman said..."Dude!!! You dont want a 250EX!!! Trust me. Just get used to it" I still wasnt convinced. I put it on craigslist for $4000. Calls were coming in. I had a guy that wanted to come look at it that evening. I decided to take it for one last ride at Browns Camp before I sold it. I was still afraid of it. After about 5 minutes I started feeling comfortable on it again. I decided right then, I loved my Honda 450 and would learn how to ride it instead of selling it. That was late Nov of '06. Work was slow for a Painter in Oregon. My new job everyday? Going to Browns Camp and ridding my Quad. I bought my Girl Friend an '02 Blaster. I rode my 450 for 4-6 hours almost every single day for 3 months. And yes, I know my way around Browns Camp pretty well. LOL. In March I bought her an '06 TRX250EX (Thank God I didnt trade my 450 for one of those) LOL Since then, I have become totally addicted to quads. I love them. Couldnt imagine not owning at least one quad. Luckily I have two. My "07 was $6500 OTD in July of '07. Bought it for my Girlfriend. Traded in her 250 EX. A month later we broke up. So, I wound up with two Honda 450's.  

By Mikey69, in General ATV Discussion

• 166 replies
    • Old Quads ?

Hi I recently bought a 1996 Yamaha Big bear 350 for a good price it was a bit rough and ready but for what I’m gonna be using it for its sound just that each time I go looking i find more faults ie rear swing arm seal leaking, uj on prop, oil from the transfer case blah blah blah I don’t know if I’m being too picky but I like things right but also I’m wondering is it worth it ???

By Belmontie, in General Talk - Anything Goes!

• 2 replies
    • Kawasaki bayou 360 4WD squealing when driving

I have a Kawasaki  bayou 4WD that started squealing when giving it the gas from a stop. It almost sounds like a fan belt but the dealer replaced the belt about 30 hours ago, so I don't think it is that. As best as I can tell, it actually sounds like it is coming from the front end. Once I am running and moving at a speed, I don't hear the squealing anymore. My first thought was to put fan belt dressing on the fan belt, as a quick test for the problem. It makes the noise when hot or cold. Another problem, that started before the dealer changed the fan belt, is that you give the quad a little gas, and nothing, give it more, and nothing, give it more, and it lurches and takes off. The dealer said it needs a new clutch, which I don't buy. less than 400 hours and it needs a clutch? I would say it needs an adjustment. When the quad is cold, as in I just started it for the first time in hours, it does not lurch. It is just fine. It lurches only when it gets hot, as in when you can hear the fan once in a while to cool the oil. Any help or insights would be great.   Russ

By BigRuss, in Kawasaki ATV Forum

• 0 replies
    • New to quads in desperate need of help please ltz 400 starting nightmare

Hi guys new to this had a few mx bikes in the past and always fancied a quad so bought myself a 2004 ltz 400 bored out to a 450 only bought it last week and 1st time on it yesterday  so everything was running smooth was just getting used to driving it on the road was out for maybe an hour not thrashing it just taking my time then all of a sudden started sort of bogging lost all power and cut out I don’t have a clue what it is tried starting it but nothing the starters going and every couple of seconds get like all I can describe is like a compression stroke  the petcock was set on prime and I didn’t notice whilst riding I don’t no weather I may have flooded the engine  I have took the spark plug out tested it it sparks great no problem  I took the carb off nothing give it a quick looking over nothing seems to be wrong with that although when I put the choke on and try start fuel comes out of the over flow   the air filter was soaking with petrol  any help would be great please guys my 1st day on the quad has not been good 

By Marcus, in Suzuki ATV Forum

• 13 replies
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By hangingon
      My daughter has out grown her E-Ton 90 & not enough money to get her a bigger quad at the time. Heres the deal even trade for a 1970 Honda SL100 bike in very nice condition. You guys dont have to tell me I know it's not a quad and this is a quad fourm. My thinking is it will bring more money than the e-ton to put towards a bigger quad later on.
    • By MIKEL5469
      sup people, i need a little help from all u.I am looking for some kind of a small storage bag i can mount on my raptor,and it must be removeable for cleaning at the end of my rides.I would like to be able to carry things like a bottle of water,keys,my smokes and maybe a few other misc. items. Need one tht is waterproof,prolly made of nylon. Just need something that will be secure to the bike so i won't lose the bag or it's contents. I am having a hard time with this and i do not really want to carry a fanny pack or a back pack. Any help would be awesome or if u have pic's that would be good too. let me know what ur ideas are...Thanks
    • By Pumpkin472
      I have acquired a 1998 Suzuki LT-F160 Quad Runner through the payment of a debt. It took alot of research to find out what it is, because the previous owner didn't tell me a thing. It is in bad shape, I think, not sure, because I no nothing about ATV's. I want to get it running so I can sell it. I'm sure they are fun to ride, so I will want to ride it before I sell it. Hope I don't break my neck AGAIN. I will need all of your expert advise. I want to enter the photo contest, so I need to post 10 times. It will be a good one. I'm hoping I will have that many questions. I hope that's OK with all of you. Well, 1 down 9 to go.
    • By tyler250rrocks
      i just got one can you post pics of you guys riding them. im interested in what you can do. so post them sick riding pics
    • By CJRenaJohnson
      I am always looking for a new story. If you have a story that you would like to be told or if you have a concern that needs to be addressed in the public media ... by all means ... let me know!
      For the types of stories I usually write you can check out my website. I try to do stories that will benefit the ATV community in some way! But am open to any story, interview or issue that others might find interesting!
      My website
      http://www.CJRenaJohnson.com