Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

NokNok

Tire sizes, Do you have to use the same as original?

Hello first time posting here. I have just brought a KVF 300 and the tyres need replacing. i was wondering about the sizes do you have to use the same as what are on it or can you change them a bit. the sixes are 25 x 8 - 12 front  and 25 x 11 - 10

i am having trouble finding the 25 x 11 - 10  could i go to 25 x 10 or 25 x 12 having trouble to get the 11 for a good price

or can i even get bigger back rims

what are the options there

Thanks Quadcrazy

Find some used rear rims from a 650/700/750 Brute Force or Prairie.  They use a 25x10-12 tire.

You'll have an endless choice of tires and they'll be a lot cheaper than 25x11-10.

The 98 Bayou 300 2x4 I picked up has dry rotted tires and need to be replaced.  They appear to be an oddball sized as there aren't many new ones available.  Front 22x9-10  Rear 24x11-10

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Mo Salem
      So my front hub broke, I’d like to put aftermarket on. Hard to find new oe ones. Please help. I’m new to all of this, I have some car knowledge and try to apply it
    • By derick geisendorfer
      I found a black rubber hose hanging down from the front of my Sportsman 850.  I'm trying to see if it's the diff vent hose, or something else and if it's something else, what it's supposed to attach to...  
    • By RCNY1
      Seems impossible to find a pair of front shocks for my 02 Yamaha Kodiak,newer or older listings are they the same as a big bear ?  Factory are $245 each !!! Any help appreciated 
    • By Finsdad
      Im new to the forum and the quad I just got. I want to change oil in in. Its almost impossible to find anything on-line. I know it takes 10w40 and know the oil filter location. What oil should I use? Is there a cross reference for oil filter. The closest dealer to me is an hour away. I have NAPA close and like the WIX or Napa gold filters. Also is where can I get a Manuel for it? Thanks
    • By Jeff011366
      Hello,
        Over the years I have always used a friends machine, and only ride a few times a year. Last week I purchased a 2002 Polaris Sportsman 700. The front diff needs a rebuild, the axles are very loose where they go into diff. My question is, both front wheels rotate forward by hand, but do not rotate the opposite direction. Is this "NORMAL OPERATION" I plan on rebuilding the hubs at the same time as the diff.....

My question about the rear diff, it rolls as if the machine has a total POSI rear axle...……. I lifted the front end off the garage floor with overhead hoist, as I moved it sideways the rear tires skidded rather than rotate. Both would roll forward easy, but not go in a circle. When I drove the machine in the garage making a tight turn I could feel the binding and skidding of rear tires....  Even if the switch was in 4 wheel drive, when it's hanging in te air the ignition is off...….. with the machine in 2 wheel drive mode, is that HONESTLY 1 wheel drive to allow turning without tearing up the lawn? then it locks the rear axle once it's put into 4 wheel drive? I'm guessing the rear diff needs a rebuild also because there is something "BALLED UP" internally locking the rear wheels together?
        It's a old machine that was not maintained, I thought the wheels were all rusted, but it was 17 years off baked on red clay. Just wanting to make it a reliable machine. I have great mechanical ability, just lacking a little knowledge of what is suppose to be "NORMAL OPERATING STANDARDS"

Thank you in advance for sharing your knowledge.
      Jeff
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By suitablesubstitute
      Looking to get some tires for my old quad, but the tires are getting rarer.  Paying near 100 for tires seems a lot when that is what I just paid for tires for my car and i only ride four or five times a year 

Anyone have any leads on good used or closeouts in 23x10/12 and 23x8/12?

Additionally, what other sizes can I run that might be easier to find and not muck with the 4x4?

Thanks,

AD
    • By Alan Callison
      OK ya'll.I need your help again.My ATV, 2004 Yam Kodiak 400 4x4,needs a new REAR rim or wheel what have you,whatever term you prefer. I've posted pics here as you can see.The tire is a 25x10.00x12 . As you can see its a deep REAR rim.I cannot seem to find a deep REAR rim. (Capitalization for emphasis) . The only sizes I can find listed are for both the front and rear wheels which is  12x7  4/110.  This doesn't help me much. So,who can help me out? Im getting desperate now!LOL!

• By redneck999
      My village has now made golf carts and atv's legal on the street and now that the wife and i can go cruise around i'm considering putting on street tires to save my knobbies. Thinking on the route of saving costs and using car rims i'm sure i will have to get adapters but has anyone had experiences doing this? Down falls? We dont mud or anything and they would be used for summer only.
    • By dillegm
      I just purchased a set (4) of these for $349.00 on Amazon. They are going on my Cforce 400.

The guys on the CFMoto forum suggest I tune my clutch to make up for the increased weight, Tire Lug depth, etc.

I've been doing a ton of searching on CVTech clutches and I think I've found how to do it.
      I've been told to add about 10g weight to my primary clutch and change the secondary to A1. If I don't do the weights I should atleast change the secondary to C1.

Does anyone here have experience with CVTech clutches and have any recommendations for me?

Anyone used SunF tires? 25-8-12/25-10-12

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• By dillegm
      I love them so far. I may yet get a set of 1" spacers to go with them but haven't made up my mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk