Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

IDaman

Just bought a CForce 500

I've noticed that it is difficult to shift out if Park & Reverse if stopped on a hill. Is there a trick that I need to know?

It sounds like there is pressure on the drive train when you put the bike in park and it rolls back a hair before the park/drivetrain stops the bike. And when you go to put it in gear there is a lot of pressure on the axles.  

Try next time to come to a complete stop and lock the parking brake before you take it out of gear. And put it in gear before you take the brake off as well.  Maybe ? 

Thanks, Frank. I think you are correct about the pressure on the drive train. A couple of things about this bike, however: There is no hand brake lock as with most ATVs. The shift stick arrangement (not pedal) has a Reverse and Park position. It's sometimes very difficult to move the shift lever out of those positions. When in reverse, I can sometimes rock the ATV back and quickly shift out of reverse. Getting out of Park isn't that easy.

I'll check it out. Thanks for your input.

It has a CVT transmission, which I know nothing about. Time to crack the books.

• Like 1

I had a friend that has a Honda recon 250 es and he coudnt get the bike out of reverse into drive without revving the bike and slamming it into drive before it got going to fast...  I adjusted the idle (it was idling wayyy too fast) and problem solved.  dunno if this is your problem but if its not getting down to that good 'ol putt putt idle, u might be keeping too much friction in your clutch causing tension and hard gear change..

I also have a Cforce 800. And I experience the same. The bike has to move a hair to get the gear shift to drop in to park and reverse. It’s actually not unlike the Canam I had before this. So when you’re stopped on a hill trying to shift into park or whatever, just stand up and give ‘er a little wiggle front to back. That said I really wish these had a handbrake lock like most other bikes. ESP for hauling. CFMOTO says not to tie it down and haul it in park cuz you can damage the “gear” lock. Normally I would put it in neutral and lock the brake, but this one I have to crank down and chock the front wheels in the truck bed. And some of them are actually made with parking brakes now if you look at the US manuals for the newer models. Just really inconsistent with the configs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, I have found that the only way to get it out of park or reverse is to manually relieve the pressure on the drive train by rocking it back and forth. Definitely a design flaw, IMO.