Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV, UTV or SxS? Join our Community Forum!

QUADCRAZY ATV Community and Forum are FREE to join! We keep our ATV, UTV, and SxS forums clean and user friendly. All first time posters in our forums will have to wait to have their content reviewed and approved. Once your first ten posts are approved, you will no longer need to go through a forum post approval process. To bypass the approval process with immediate access and a NO ADS experience in our ATV, SxS, and UTV forums, consider subsribing to a Premium Membership

Thanks to our first responders, and the tools they have today

Thanks to our first responders, and the marvelous tools they have today

I'm an experienced ATC rider, but the last time riding one was 1996.

A couple of weeks ago I really got the bug to go riding again. I ended up buying a 2000 Honda TRX400EX in decent shape, and took it up to the Interlake State Recreation Area, near Linville, In, yesterday. The park sets on an area where coal had been mined. there are a lot of rocks there. It was a cool day so I made sure wear thermal underwear. I rode mostly easy trails until I felt more confident. The trails were pretty wet, but still manageable, until I went down one hill too many. I wasn't unable to climb up the other side. I spent a couple of hours trying to figure a way out. In the end I pulled the key, and started walking, back to the parking lot. The more I walked, the darker it got. It turned out I was on the wrong trail. I turned around and wend on a different trail. My legs were very sore so I took a break, and laid down under a tree, and shivered. I had fallen several times in the darkness. One thing that really helped my rescue was the ability of the Sheriff to ping my phone, and locate my truck.

Around 5:00 am I heard a drone, then saw some headlights. I walked down to them. It turned out they were looking for me. I didn't know they were part of larger group. They took me to the ambulance, and started checking me out. Once that was done I got to see the tools they had at their hands. Each of the people looking for me were assigned a radio number, that was tracked by the main computer. The screen showed the searchers paths. Where they had been, and where they were at any given time. Once they determined I was ok to go home, I was in between the ambulance and a second vehicle. I can't provide enough praise to people dedicated to helping others. 

Now the, rest of the story... Before leaving home I told my wife I was going to do some riding, for about an hour. After not hearing from me for many hours, she decided to call the Sheriff for help. She gave him all the information she could. She knew the color of my truck, the ATV, and my phone number. I am very happy she looks out for me. You can bet this won't happen again. Thanks sweetie!

All of this could had been avoided if I was riding with another person, and had my phone with me. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

God bless your wife. My wife is a paramedic and my family is in the fire department. I was in your shoes once and that's all it took. I now have a GPS on my quad just in case something like this happens. Also a rule of thumb for me. Never ride alone. I'm glad things turned out well for you.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Forum Topics

• By McG75
      Hello I’m new here and was wondering is anyone knew of good replacement part numbers for front struts and rear shocks for this atv? I think I’ve found a new rear shock, that looks like the original but there is no dimensions or anything and was wondering if there are any afterMarket new front struts available. I know it’s a long shot but any help would be appreciated. 
    • By gatorschevy
      If so, I have covid lol, in the past 3 months I have bought 6.
      04 Suzuki Quad runner 400
      86 Kawasaki bayou 185
      96 Polaris magnum 425
      95 Polaris trail blazer 250
      03 bombardier 175 rally
      92 Yamaha moto 4 350 
    • By Admin
      View File 1984-85 Kawasaki Tecate ATC service manual
      1984-85 Kawasaki Tecate ATC service manual
      Submitter Admin Submitted 03/24/2024 Category Kawasaki ATV  
    • By kiriyaaoi
      Hello everyone, I just picked up an 02 LT-F250F the other day and have been in the process of tearing it down to fix some stuff- one of which was the cylinder base gasket leaking like a sieve. Well, I know why that is now, and I also discovered that someone had been in there before. I didn't take pictures, but it looks like it was probably run low on oil at some point, the cam journals and the "bearings" (for lack of a better term) in the head and the valve cover are totally wiped out, very deep grooves.  From what I know it's very difficult to repair aluminum in this way, so I'm trying to figure out where to go next.

1. Have someone grind down the head and valve cover and fit actual bearings in since the aluminum is screwed, and have the cam ground down to match.  I have no idea what this would cost.
      2. Buy a replacement head+cam+valve cover.

#1 I was hoping someone might have some advice on, but #2 seems like it'll (probably) be the more cost effective option.  However I'm running into some difficulty, it seems like the 2001 and 2002 models specifically use a different head part number,  11100-19B10, instead of  11100-19B01 like for all earlier models.  What exactly is the difference between them? There are obviously far more of the earlier heads because it ran for over 10 years.  Are they actually interchangeable? I've also noticed there are heads from the LT250EF that has 4 valve heads but also otherwise look identical.  Would those work as well possibly?  I'd like to not have to drop $500 on machine work or new heads on a $1300 quad that I'm already putting a bunch of new parts on.  Oh, and it has a new piston and the cylinder itself looks pretty good too, as I said someone was in here before me.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. I'll post pics of the carnage tomorrow.

• By 1998Zuki250
      What are your riding location preferences? Mud Park? Personal Trails? Public Land?