Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

aj ford

1986 Suzuki LT250R Swing Arm Cracking

what is the best route to go as for the notorious  swing arm cracking on my 86 suzuki lt250r. any swing arm interchangeable.

@aj ford What did you end up doing with this? Anytime you get cracks, you can either weld or replace.

I tried to weld but the aluminum is to dirty. so im o n the hunt for a used swing arm.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Dra O
      posted a while back - it was running at one point - I have all the plastic shroud off - it's down to frame and engine now
      -fuel pump: when line from petcock is attached, no fuel comes out other side to carb; the line to the carb is open (can blow through it); I thought when I cranked engine that the pump would spit out fuel on other side but it does not; I removed fuel pump and opened it up - diaphragm looks good - but internal areas had lotsa calcification build up - I cleaned this out and dried it good - the clear plastic pieces (?diaphragms) aren't broken - the spring w/ steel ball on end moves freely; am putting it back on tomorrow; but can anyone answer about the pump? isn't it supposed to pump fuel through it... to other side... to carb? puzzling
      -along with fuel pump: I replaced petcock 3 weeks ago (gas tank had rusty fuel in bottom - cleaned it out prior to new petcock); when I turn petcock arrow NOT to on or reserve, fuel comes out of line; when I turn it to on or reserve, fuel doesn't come out; puzzling
      -I don't know what's on back of fuel pump - it's a valve that has a hose coming out of it - looks like it goes to engine/carb - I haven't traced this out yet - what is it?
      -can squirt gas on air filter and engine will run for 2-3 seconds then stop - fuel in top of carb (under diaphragm) does same
      -it likely needs carb rebuild - will get to this - but something isn't allowing fuel to get from fuel pump to carb
      -I THINK it has a mikuni model x carb - diaphragm is ID 26mm  OD 68mm - hard to find inexpensive diaphragm, I guess because it's a model x
      -last thing - I replaced solenoid due to old one clicking; I HAVE to be charging the battery or it won't start/turn over - battery just goes dead; but if charging, it'll turn over nicely; i'm guessing it's a bad battery
      -any help appreciated - I've never owned an ATV before - inherited this beast from grandparent in-law
    • By lanow
      Hi Everyone,
      I am new to this forum and hope that someone out there can help me, I have an early Suzuki King Quad 300 (280cc) which starts intstantly every time but at about half revs or there abouts it starts spluttering and will not rev any higher, this fault is present whether choke is applied or not, some one suggested that silencer maybe be clogged so removed baffle but no improvement have removed carb and stripped 3 times but still no joy.
      Any ideas would be most welcome.
      Cheers Rob
    • By StolenATV
      1987 Suzuki LT 80 and 2007 Honda CRF 50 dirt bike stolen out of my driveway on July 4th. Anyone with info that recovers them will get $400 no questions asked.
      Thanks
      The post Suzuki LT 80 Quad And Honda Dirt Bike appeared first on STOLEN 911.
      View the full article
    • By StolenATV
      Bike was on my 2003 Starcraft Starshuttle which was also stolen
      The post Stolen 2004 Suzuki LTZ 400 appeared first on Stolen 911.
      View the full article
    • By Rich1028
      Suzuki LT-F160 Quad Runner does not seem to run long on Reserve
      was out  riding and when tank got low,it ran funny,so we switched it over to reserve ...it ran for awhile then no more .
      pulled it back to parking lot,filled it up started and ran ok.
      what do I look at first?
      the valve,or is there a separate fuel line leading to the valve?

• Similar Tagged Content

• By Ajmboy
      1987-1992 Suzuki LT250R Race Porting Instructions
    • By Ajmboy
      View File 1987-1992 Suzuki LT250R Race Porting Instructions
      1987-1992 Suzuki LT250R Race Porting Instructions
      Submitter Ajmboy Submitted 01/28/2019 Category Suzuki ATV  
    • By DemonQuad666
      Sup Gang,
      So Im Picking up my crated 89 LT250r next weekend... I have no Idea what shape its in other than its completely tore down. Chassis im told is in great shape and fresh paint. Still sending off to powder coat after gusset install (if I can find a kit). This will be my first Resto/Mod so any tips, special tools, words of advice would be much appreciated. I have no doubt this project will take months and several $$$. I plan on doing all the work myself except for the Motor and paint. Any suggestions on reputable 2 stroke gurus i can ship the motor to ???  Again any help would be much appreciated. Pics coming as soon as i pick her up.....Until then... Deuces...
    • By DemonQuad666
      Hey all. I've been riding ATV's and Dirt bikes since i was like 12 or 13. Mainly trail riding, old coal mines, slag pits, farm fields, back roads ect. ect. Started on a Honda 90, then Big Red, KX 80, XR250R (which almost killed me). Bought a brand new 1999 Blaster and modded the hell out of it for MX. Sold it a year later when I found out i was gunna be a Dad. I travel all over the US for my Job. So home is where I park the 34 footer. Now that my little one is in high school and my career is booming. I need a project.  I've always wanted a TRX 250R. Ever since i was a kid and the neighbor down the road bought one brand new in 1988.  So, I've been doing research, shopping around, started a secret Quad fund, and talking to people. Well come to find out one of my fellow Electricians on my job site who works for our customer is/was a fellow ATV Enthusiast. Our mutual love for 2 strokes sparked a conversation about rebuilds and restores. Something I have never really done but He had. long story short, He offered me a deal on a 89 LT250R Crate bike. one I couldn't refuse. In a week or two we are going to clean out his storage shed which is full of  chassis, motors, parts parts parts. Load it all up and bring it to his new house. In return for my volunteering to help he said the Suzuki is mine FREE!!!!! I plan on documenting the entire build and hopefully in a few months i'll be screaming down the trails. Updates to come and I'm sure many many questions to follow... Untill then ... Deuces 
    • By bighoss
      is the manuel for the 88 the same as the 86 i dont see one for the 86 lt250r 2 stroke so will the one work for the 88