Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV? Join our Forum!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Gilbey

motor oil

I just bought a Sunl 2007 250 2x4 ATV and am going change oil in motor and rear end, any recommendations for products and instructions, as I have no owners manual. Oil is probably pretty simple and am guessing rear end is pump out and refill. Some specs would be nice to amounts of fluids.

Thanks.

If you have a Suzuki with the rear brake inside the differential, you need a GL-4 lube that specifies use for wet clutch applications.

I use Mobil 1 everywhere else on my King Quad but a conventional GL-4 wet clutch lube in the rear differential. 

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Ajmboy
      View File 1984-1987 Suzuki LT185 Service Manual
      1984-1987 Suzuki LT185 Service and Repair Manual
      Submitter Ajmboy Submitted 09/13/2020 Category Suzuki ATV  
    • By Brian Simmons
      A buddy of mine . had a friend redo his top end . It was running great  . then it like locked up  but then it started again !!! then it seemed like it locked up again ??? Could he have done something wrong  ??? Could it be bad ??? Please let me know what you think it could be ??? Please help !!! i want to know how much it will cost to fix or if he should part it out ???
      PLEASE HELP !!!
    • By oxidized_black
      View File 1988-2002 Kawasaki Bayou 220 Service Manual
      1988-2002 Kawasaki Bayou 220 Service Manual
      The Kawasaki Bayou 220 is one of the most common all-terrain vehicles on off-road trails that is geared toward novice riders and families. It’s also one of the smallest and most inexpensive ATVs on the market, with a retail price under $3,500, as of 2010. The Bayou 220 is Kawasaki’s only ATV of its size. The 220’s sibling is the larger Bayou 250 equipped with a 228cc engine.
      Engine
      The Bayou 220’s engine is a 215cc, four-stroke, shaft-driven, air-cooled model. Its bore measures 2.6 inches and the stroke is 2.4 inches. It features a relatively high 9.3:1 compression ratio with fuel delivered through a Mikuni VM24SS carburetor. The electronic ignition is Kawasaki’s DC-CDI. It also features a recoil backup as a starting system. The clutch is an automatic wet multidisc model with power delivered to the wheels via a five-speed transmission, according to ATV Source.
      Chassis
      The steel frame supports a front suspension with single A-arms and twin shock absorbers, with the rear suspension a Quad-Link system with two shocks. Front wheel travel is 4.5 inches, while the rear wheel travel measures at 4.9 inches. Front and rear brakes are drums.
      Size
      The front tire size is AT21X8-9 with the rear tires measuring AT22X10-10. The ATV’s wheelbase is 43.9 inches, with an overall length of 68.7 inches. Ground clearance is 6.1 inches with the seat height measuring 28.7 inches. It weighs 403 lbs. and can tow up to 450 lbs. Its fuel tank can carry 2.6 gallons.
      Basics
      The Kawasaki Bayou 220 is not the fastest ATV on the market, but one reason the Bayou 220 has kept its price low is the lack of amenities. It features a brake light and dual headlamps with high/low beam. There is an auxiliary lighting terminal inside the front cover of the ATV and electrical accessory terminals under the seat. The instrument cluster atop the fuel tank features a fuel gauge, but not much else. There are no speedometer, odometer, hourmeter, tripmeter, high-beam indication or high-temperature light. It does have a reverse/neutral indicator light. The Bayou comes in two colors: hunter green and firecracker red.
      Features
      The front A-arm, twin shock and rear Quad-Link twin-shock suspension system is not a true fully independent system, but it allows for a comfortable ride over rough terrain without employing a complex and expensive, fully independent suspension system. The ATV features front and rear steel cargo racks. The ATV is rider-friendly with a limited adjustable throttle to help novices practice their riding skills without twisting the throttle too far and losing control of the vehicle.
      Submitter oxidized_black Submitted 12/14/2016 Category Kawasaki ATV  
    • By John Torbus
      Does anybody know what the standard adjustment is for the air screw on the carb? How many turns out from full in?
      Cheers,
      John

• By Randel1
      Product warning:  Lighting products manufactured by Larson Electronics LLC  9419 E US HWY 175, Kemp Tx. 75143
      Hi, I’m G. Randel and I have a small business that does boat and motor service and repair and rigging. I also service and repair off road 4 wheelers, lawn equipment and small engines. I have been doing this type of work for over 40 years, so I have accumulated some knowledge about the accessories and products needed to support those things. 
      I recently installed two high intensity LED lights on the T-top of one of my customers boats. He bought the lights after he had done considerable research and consultation with manufacturers. He wanted to make sure he was getting something that would serve his needs which was to see where he was going at night while underway on the water.  He decided on lights manufactured by Larson Electronics out of Kemp, Texas. They were reported to be rugged, weatherproof, waterproof to 3 meters and were warrantied against workmanship or component failure under normal use for 3 years. One light quit working within 10 months, the other is still working after about 16 months.  I removed the defective light and sent it back to Larson Electronics for warranty repair or replacement and they denied the warranty claim. Their reason was “failure was due to environmental damage”.
      At the time of purchase these lights sold for over #365.00 each and the representative that my customer talked to at Larson Electronics assured him that these lights were well suited for the purpose in which they were going to be used. 
      So, if you are looking for electronics, as in lighting, for your ATV, SUV. Boat, or any other outdoor application you might want to keep in mind that Larson Electronics LLC
      9419 E US HWY 175, Kemp, TX 75143 might not fulfill their warranty claims if you have a problem with their products.