Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV? Join our Forum!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

johnnie Cooper

2005 Honda trx 300ex sportrax questions

I have a 2005 honda trx 300ex sportrax. I pulled the welded together crap of an exhaust that's on my quad I just picked up and the valve is ghost white. Do you guys no what exactly this means? Or do I just need to pull the head and rebuild it? I'm also looking for plastics and a cheaper stock exhaust if anyone has one. Thanks for your time. 

20190329_162719.jpg

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Trent Finnessey
      I’ve got a 2000 400ex with a dg slip on muffler, it came with he stock muffler on it but the previous owner had the dg in a box so I put it on. I’ve been riding it for the past month and a half and every time I let off it backfires, and the other day the backfires got way louder, 2x louder! I’m concerned that I may hurt my motor? Why does is backfire??? Thanks
    • By JacobSlabach
      hey so never ran into this before but i recently got a 04 honda rubicon 500.  bought it from my doctor not running and the front brakes were locked up.   cleaned the carb and it fired right up and runs great.  these model atvs have drum brakes front and rear.  not a fan.  lost all brakes on this one when i hit some water and it got inside the rear drum case.  so i ordered new shoes for the rear end no biggie.  front is more complicated.  has hydraulic drum brakes not sure who thought that was a good idea but the pistons in the drums rusted and locked up from it sitting with moisture in the drums.
      so i had a choice to make- 1. buy new brake pistons ($120 for a set of 4) or 2. order super atv's disc brake conversion kit for $250.  i HATE drum brakes so i went with the conversion kit.  it said it was easy to install with no specialty tools.  so i order it and turns out i have to press the studs out of my hubs to get the disc on.
      anyone ever done this and if so how?
    • By WIJBIRD
      Good morning!
      I have a 1999 Yamaha Big Bear 350 4X4 and I need to rebuild the carb. I have the dual-cable throttle model and I'm having a terrible time finding the correct kit for it. I'm not opposed to replacing it, but the only ones I'm seeing do not have the dual cable throttle system. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
      Thanks,
      Jay in WI

P.S. I can send pictures if necessary.
    • By spock58
      I was reading another forum recently about fuel leaks and possibility of fire happening. Reminded me of an incident I had a few years ago while working at a Can Am dealership. The quad was a stolen & recovered Outlander 650 that had been tampered with. These quads have an electronic safety system, similar to their DESS system on the sleds. You cannot bypass the key switch and get spark without a computer with factory software. Anyway, I was trying to determine what was damaged since the thief had attempted to hot wire various electronic parts. I got all the extra wires removed and things looked back to stock. Pulled the spark plugs and was going to check for ignition and if the starter still worked. Well, they both worked alright and guess what - the cylinder was flooded with fuel! Instant flames with gas spraying all over...great!! I managed to use my hands to put out the fire, good thing I had on gloves (but choked they were ruined of course, haha). Seems it's possible to flood an engine with efi when you put power straight to the injectors, doh! As in much of life, you cannot take things for granted (I'd only seen carbs flood like that). And even though it had spark, the quad still needed a new ECM to run - that part alone was $1200. So lets hear your stories, crazy stuff happens every day I'm sure.
    • By HeWasRidinDirty
      This 700 was run out of oil. Seized the con rod to the crank....yada yada. So, I rebuilt the engine and now it will start and run for about 5 seconds and die. I replaced the fuel pump with a cheapie from ebay and it didn't change. I replaced the O-rings on the injector and still didn't change. So, the tech at the Yamaha shop said that the most likely problem is the cheapo fuel pump. I got another more expensive one and it still didn't change things. I asked him where the power to the injector comes from and he said the CDI box. But since the thing does run a little, he  ruled that out. Any thoughts?????
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By Trent Finnessey
      Hey, so I’ve got a 98’ 300ex with a few mods.... jet kit, k&n air filter, it’s got 18” rear tires. I’m just wondering what would be the best mods so I can keep up with say a 400ex on the straight always, I already can in the trails simply because I’m a better rider..... 
    • By Hunter Aldridge
      Wanting to know if I can put hubs from a recon on a soortrax
    • By Maggie Hall
      View File 2007 2008 2009 Honda 300ex Service Repair Manual Trx300X Trx300EX ATV
      2007 2008 2009 Honda 300ex Service Repair Manual Trx300X Trx300EX ATV
      Submitter Maggie Hall Submitted 11/28/2018 Category Honda ATV  
    • By Maggie Hall
      2007 2008 2009 Honda 300ex Service Repair Manual Trx300X Trx300EX ATV
    • By Ashley Bell
      I have a 2005 Honda 300EX that won't start. I've changed the starter and I've changed the solenoid. When I try to push start it the back wheels skid, it's a manual. I've charged the battery and I've done the screwdriver trick with the solenoid that won't start it. It tries to crank but it won't turn over.  
      I was out riding for about an hour or two and then it quit on me. Before I went riding I change the air filter and I change the oil. 
      Heeeeelp. Suggestions? I'm learning all of this info myself from forums. Thanks.