Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV, UTV or SxS? Join our Community Forum!

QUADCRAZY ATV Community and Forum are FREE to join! We keep our ATV, UTV, and SxS forums clean and user friendly. All first time posters in our forums will have to wait to have their content reviewed and approved. Once your first ten posts are approved, you will no longer need to go through a forum post approval process. To bypass the approval process with immediate access and a NO ADS experience in our ATV, SxS, and UTV forums, consider subsribing to a Premium Membership

honda 350 4x4 starting problems only sometimes

i have a older honda 350 cc quad that seems to start and other days will not.spark seems to be gone and there when it does run.I checked newer coil odd a older yet Honda but no help and idea I going to find the serial number as forget the year but believe around 1995 to 1997 year besides that great quad but cant run it so great this way  and need it for chores around the acreage. Any help would be great. Ive check all fuses as well as the fusable ling which was fine until I screwed with it now need to buy another as have it wired not so safe.I handy but now have copd which takes away the brain power some.Any help would sure be appreciated 

• 4 months later...

so turned out to be the CDI.Ibet if you know someone with same quad switch it and bet it starts easy each and every time.Mine took a few years until no more spark.Perhaps keep a spare plug around as bet  you see no spark.I only wish I knew this when mine started giving me issues.I also tried the oven trick but never helped one bit.Also must be off same qurd motor size so no testing with other either.Sorry if this doesn't make a lot of sense but I almost falling asleep while writing this post bro.Hope it helps but my cdi lasted for many years but the replacement was like 220.00 Canadian.The dealer even had ne in stock which was so nice for me as the recyclers had none so had to buy new which when it worked it was so nice again.ÙBest quad or should I say tank wish they still made them so tough.Good day & good luck.

• Like 1