Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV? Join our Forum!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

i have a 1993 timberwolf yamaha and the compression is good and lights work but for some reason the electricity is not going to the spark plug(s)! i got a friend to check it out and they said its no use but im not giving up! please help with this!

What’s up Zac welcome to Quadcrazy. 

Not having spark could be a few different things but they all can be checked with an electrical tester if your handy with one? 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Tagged Content

• By jwline
      Friday evening went riding, rode for a good hour or so everything was fine. I went to take a short ride to the restroom (less than 100 yds away) and all of the sudden everything flickered and then just died out. Accompanying the problem I noticed the killswitch completely locked up. Once daylight hit took the killswitch apart to find it had shorted out and melted the plastic inside. Has anyone else had anything similar to this and if so what did you do to fix the situation? I have a new killswitch on the way to replace the obvious problem but was wondering could there be a bigger issue at hand. We tested with a voltage meter to make sure everything was still getting power from the battery and as far as we could tell it was.
      Any advice/info would be GREATLY appreciated.
      Thanks.
    • By Nick Gudex
      Hello I am new to this site and I havea problem. I have a 1987 big bear 4x4 that will not spark. I tested pick up coil per repair manual and I tested my new coil both ok. It puts out 9 volts at the coil but It is reversed polarity. So when I hook my meter up to it she shows -9 volts while cranking. When I put a test light  on it it flashes. Being an electric system this should tell me something but I don't know what its telling me. I have yet to meet one i could not fix but this old girl has me stumped. Any help would be awesome. Thanks to all.
      Nick
    • By YamahaGrizzly
      Few more things for this build but its coming along!
    • By emoyer105
      I have a Yamaha Timberwolf 250 2x4 that I purchased a while ago as a project. I fixed it up to where everything was working great in my opinion, however when I showed it to a potential buyer he complained about a vibration from the rear drive shaft. (Which I ridiculous seeing as he tried to wheelie it before that) Anyways I took the rear diff apart and found most of the seals and bearings where bad. So I bought a kit off of amazon only to find that it doesn’t have all of the bearings and seals. After finding that I decided to try to find a used good condition replacement but they’re all to expensive for me so is there a better alternative for me, or can someone point me in the right direction to get the rest of the parts?