Quantcast

2007 Polaris Sportsman 500 TPS

TPS on  Polaris  SPORTSMAN  500 efi 2007 shows as bad original part number is 3140173 bought the replacement part it came in as 3131705 the diameter of the ring on the face is 26 mm the original is 18 mm any thoughts on how this "factory" replacement parts fits as i cannot get it to go in?

Edited by Fred Colby
misspelling

So I’ve looked everywhere and it all comes up the same. The old number is superseded by the new number. The old part is roughly 0.7 mm or 3/4 of an inch in diameter and the new one is 26mm or 1.02 inches in diameter. Very strange.   

I was looking on eBay and found the part number for the oem one and it’s available if you want to take a chance? 

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F333205331528

9E5FC6D0-B85D-4EDA-9C16-883558A8F436.jpeg

638DA8E6-27D0-45B8-A8E0-8DB31CF28D46.jpeg

Ok that would make sense. I was wondering about maybe possibly spacer.  But did the spacer come with it ? 

Also how thick was the spacer ? I know that the shaft coming out of the throttle body is only so long? 

Lastly did the new sensor have any paper work that mentions anything about the spacer? I would reach out to the Polaris via email and let them know about this problem and the aggravation it’s caused. Pain and suffering damages of not being able to ride!!!!! Lol. 

Nice work brother, ride safe. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Forum Topics

• By Spritee1
      having an issue with the unit when running under a load up a hill or in high gear, seems like the belt is slipping, there is a clapping sound coming from the primary clutch like it releases and snaps back in. i don't think I should have a noise like that. this is a friends unit and he has already replaced the primary twice with the same result.
      not sure where to look next
    • By Johnfj44
      The stock driver seat cushion is separated at a seam. I took the seat apart and found that the material has torn and cannot be re-stiched. I'm trying to find a replacement seat. Any suggestions? Hoping for a used seat but couldn't find one on Ebay.
    • By Roofus
      I cant seem to find what this part is called. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I must be misinterpereting the parts catalog or something? I dont see it in the rear axle section. I think it may be in the rear brake assembly section? click link to view picture.

[removed broken image]
    • By Slitzer
      Hi,
      Got a Big Boss produced 2016 YM 2017 that gives DTC 520 285 2 (random)
      What I understand is correlation code for brakesensors, very little information in workshop manual.
      Removed front plastic to discover that no connector was mounted on the brake pressure switch!?
      The only "brake" information seems to come from the micro switch at the brake lever.
      Does anyone know if Polaris does anything special on the 6x6 or had this issue?
    • Best Fit and Protection Guaranteed for all your cars, trucks, boats, jet-skis and more. Visit SealSkinCovers.com. Seal Skin Supreme Covers come with a Lifetime Warranty. Free Shipping!
    • By bighoss
      i got my son new outlaw 50 a few weeks ago and we went rideing yesterday and while we were riding it died and it took me like 10 min to get started back and it died agen when we got close to truck so i pulled it back took the plug out it looked like it was drop in a bucket of gas took the air filter out and the ait box was full of gas also got home it started rite up today i started it it starter up but was blowing what look like water out of the exholst let it idel for a lil bit did not die but as soon as hit the gas and let off it will die what does that sound like i thnk i going to take it back to dealer and tell them to fix it as it is under warrenty but would like to know what it could be first