Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV? Join our Forum!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Mark Hill

2002-03 bombardier rally 200 Reverse will not work

Hi everyone bought my son a project wheeler and got it up and running but it won’t go in reverse.  It’s a 2002 2003 bombardier rally 200. I have been searching for causes on line had have a couple ideas what it may be but still looking  for advice and help

Hey mark welcome to Quadcrazy.  What’s the reverse shift process for that bike? I’ve never owned one but have seen a few out there. Is it a break lever pull in or a manual shift lever ? Maybe post some pics. 

• Like 1

Its a manual shift handle down behind your right leg

There are 3 positions for the transmission forward up neutral in the middle and down for reverse 

This is an easy fix, the Rally 200 has a chain drive reverse.  The chain is a 35HD you can get off Amazon cheap...the factory is over $60 and discontinued.  You need the chain a break and rivet tool for chains also.  Total price is under $50 to fix.

Base off your year the rear brake is on the transmission 🤮.  It a metric 5 or 6 Allen key and 10mm and 13mm and the case comes apart fairly easy.  Take it apart carefully so you don't lose parts.  Measure and assemble the new chain and install in reverse order.  I did my wife's when it failed the second time on the trail (used a standard 35h chain) in about 45 mins.  

I would not recommend driving with the chain still in the case.  If it gets bumped just right it's game over and tears a hole in the case....mine was scarred pretty bad but wasn't through.

Edited by Randy Mayfield
Spelling
  • Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.