Quantcast

84 honda trx200 starts with starter but not the pull cord

Pull cord is free and decompression lever is operating correctly. Installed a new spark plug. When I first got the bike it wasn't running I played around with all the wires to make sure everything was plugged in. The shift pattern is completely backwards from what I am used to. Neutral is all the way up. Thought I had the bike in neutral but it was in 4th gear. Pulled the cord and it started right up. Put a new battery in it and now it doesn't start on the pull cord whether it's in neutral or any gear

Bring a small jumper pack. I love mine and it’s saved me countless times.  

Finding a rectifier may be challenging. The aftermarket ones are not so good.

I found one on eBay but you should make a move quickly based on the price. It’s oem as well  

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F223522113944

Arteck Car Jump Starter Auto battery Charger and 8000mAh External battery Charger Car Jumper for 12V Automotive, Motorcycle, Tractor, Boat, Phone with Clamps, LED Flashlight, 300A Peak 2.5L Gas Max https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01DVSSCG6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_UMcqDb0QB1Q33

Oem $79 ?   My personal opinion not that it matters is I would rather a used oem then an aftermarket. That jumper pack is a great addition to the take alongs.   It has a USB port for phones as well.  There was a topic a while back about what we all keep on our bikes while we are out and about.  You should look that topic up it’s super helpful.   

Thank you. I will take a look at that post. I am relatively new to the hobby and am happy to receive any advice. I have only been out trail riding once so far and I am hooked. Think I found my solution for parts my stepson has the same 84 trx200 that smokes a lot. Think I'm going to give him the $100 he said he'd sell it to me for. Maybe I'll even fix that one up for the wife.large.20190727_195646.jpg.c74f34a5324656b12eb48fab945c8cc5.jpg

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Forum Topics

• By Admin
      View File 2006-2011 Honda Rincon TRX 680 FA/FGA service manual
      2006-2011 Honda Rincon TRX 680 FA/FGA service manual
      Submitter Admin Submitted 04/09/2024 Category Honda ATV  
    • By Charlesbrown
      I’m looking for a top end kit for a Yamaha. I would like to see how well the engine runs before spending $6-$7 hundred on oem. Niche has complete kits from $1-$2 hundred.  Anyone have experience with Niche or similar Chinese companies? 
    • By DarkRider
      This is something I'm extremely curious about. Has anyone ever attempted to buy a quad (or any other vehicle) from an impound lot? I've always wondered if this could be a bargain, or a waste of time. Google searches do turn up some helpful results. Looks like the state of NJ holds auctions online which I'd be a bit hesitant about.

My online searches haven't really turned up any results of anyone buying an ATV this way. I'd be really curious if anyone tried this, or knows someone who has. I've actually found a couple pages with online auctions for my state, but none had ATVs.
    • By Admin
      Does anyone use GPS, whether on a device or app to record their ATV trail rides? I have been thinking about a section where our members can upload let's say a .gpx file and share their rides on a google map for others to see where there are riding areas. Not sure if this is something of interest or how much it would be used, so just trying to get an idea.
      Importing routes from files like xml, lmx, tour, freshroute, gpx, kmz, kml
    • By p5200
      Hello folks, my machine wound up with I think water in the tank etc. It runs but speeds up and slows back down randomly. When not running I don't see gas dripping  from the drain nipple on bottom of float bowl and drain screw is closed tight. With normal idle speed I see no leaking. When the idle speed increases quite a bit on it's own, gas appears to start slowly dripping from float bowl drain nipple? I'm wondering if the carb is flooding and the gas is actually coming from higher up and just appears, to be coming out of nipple but, is actually running down the sides of the nipple? I put a kit in the factory Mikuni carb last year after sitting for a while and I think the gas in the jug I used had drawn moisture. I plan to pull the carb tomorrow and clean everything out. I was just curious if anyone else thinks it's probably something in the carb and is, acutally a flooding problem? Thanks Folks! 🙂