Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Shawn Hurt

2013 Suzuki King Quad 750 tire wear

I have a 2013 KQ I bought it new but rolled it a few years ago. I have replaced the left lower A-arm and left tie rod, the steering is still a little sketchy as I just eye balled the alignment. But the major issue is the left front tire cambers out at the top and has wore the tire bald. Tires have about 2000 miles on them but other 3 are half tread and left front is a slick.. I can not see anything else bent and don't know what to do..  

Hey @Shawn Hurt welcome to Quadcrazy. When you roll or wreck a quad what’s not really understood is the tubular frame.  It’s not as strong as you would think.  Having said that I don’t think a roll over would bend the frame but would do a little more damage then you would think.  Hear is what I would do. 

Take the machine and sit it on solid level ground like a garage floor with a nice level slab.  Jack the front end up and take the tires off, then pull the shocks off as well so both swing arms are hanging. Double check for any additional damage you may have missed initially. 

Then take some measurements of the bottom of the rotor to the floor and some other measurements along the frame. Maybe from the front push bar to the edge of the rotors etc and look for something that stands out. Could be as simple as a bad shock. Or in need of an alignment, the tie rod ends could be out of whack etc.

Something is going to jump out after taking measurements.  Shit I would even put a laser on a block and see how the front end sits across  the center of the hubs where they bolt up, the main bolt with the cotter pin that holds the hub on. If you put a laser on them they should be pretty level  just make sure you have the bike on somewhat level ground and it’s jacked up level.  Use a torpedo level across the frame and see how it’s sitting, level it off and hit it with a laser level after you know the frame is level.  

If the handle bars got hit then the steering column could have been bent.

Chedk how much thread is exposed on the tie rods and they match each other, if one is more the the other then that’s a problem. 

Most atv’s when they do not have a rider on them sit higher due to the anticipation of additional weight of the rider so they may slope outward slightly when it sits without anyone on it.  When you sit on it the wheels come in due to the weight. So also have someone that’s similar in weight sit on the bike and see what the front tires look like from the front.    

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By bradleyheathhays
      Damn, it took 30 years of driving to cause my first accident, and on Friday the damn 13th. Did a low speed rear end into the back of a lifted truck and got into it's trailer receiver. The only place it made contact with was at the very front center of the hood close to where it latches. Unfortunately the impact was enough that there's a longitudinal hump in the middle of the hood now, bowed 6 inches on each side above the quarter panels, which weren't involved at all thank God. Both my headlights are cracked at the top, but not because they got hit; I think it was because the hood and it's latch was pushed back during the collision possibly deforming the support structure, causing the to separate. The hood is lifted up about 3 inches above each headlight and when looking in at the support material just behind each headlight, one side shows cracks and the other cracks and about a 1/2 gap in the material. Can't tell but it may resemble fiberglass, not really sure? My best guess is that the whole front bumper is gonna have to come off and that entire front support piece be replaced. Any advice on how hard this can be? I do a lot of my own work but I really don't want to be getting into this especially with the weather getting so bad now.

When I go junkyard shopping for parts, what year Tauruses are compatible with my '02?
    • By PolarisRich
      I thought I would make a quick "How-to" on setting wheel alignment since I was flipping my tie rod ends and I was going to have to re-align the wheels anyways.
      Here's some of the tools you will need...

1.) Start with the ATV on a smooth and level surface, like a cement garage floor or driveway.

2.)Center up (Eyeball It) the handle bars and lock them into place with 2 ratchet straps, one on each side of handle bars. This of course prevents them from moving when your adjusting the tie-rods.

3.) Place two Jack Stands approximately 2 feet in front of the atv even with the outside edge of the two front wheels.

4.) Wrap a length of string all the way around the ATV and Jack Stands, Start and end at the rear hitch. Make sure the string is the same height from the ground on all 4 wheels. I like to attach a few elastic bands to both ends of the string before attaching the string to the hitch. This makes it easier to adjust the strings when moving the Jack Stands.

4.) Break lose the inner and outer tie-rod nuts. NOTE! Make sure you use 2 wrenches, one on the nut and one on the ball joint. Damage can occur by only using one wrench.

5.) Adjust the string by moving the Jack Stands in or out untill the string just touches both of the side surfaces of the rear tires on each side of the ATV. This will take some time to get it right but it needs to be done!

Check manufacturers wheel alignment specifications on your specific make and model before you adjust any components.
      For this wheel alignment I'm using the Polaris Specs which seems to be a common setting.
      Polaris - The recommended toe alignment is 1/8″ to 1/4″ toe out. This is a total amount, not per wheel.
      6.) On the front rim, measure the distance from the string to the rim at the front and rear edges of the rim. The rear measurement should be 1/16″ - 1/8″ (.2 to .3 cm) more than the front measurement.

7.) If an adjustment is necessary, Turn the tie rod itself with a wrench or your hand in small increments. It doesn't take much to move the tire a long way, so go slow. Keep re-checking your measurement's until you have a 1/16″ - 1/8″ differance to the string.

6.) Once your satisfied that you have the correct "Toe Out" measurements you can tighten up the inner and outter tie-rod nuts on both sides. AGAIN...make sure to use 2 wrenches.
      7.) Now take your ATV for a test drive to test your adjustments. If it still pulls one way or the other, just repeat the above steps to tweek the adjustments again utill your happy.
      The whole process only takes about 15-20 min.
    • By Sturgeon
      Hello everyone, did a search and not successful. Purchased new 2017 Sportsman 570 sp and my power steering is not working. Seems to have a mind of it's own. Works then it doesn't. Dealer says there's not a fix. Thought it was just me and it being a brand new machine with 4 hours on it. Dealership said it's this model only ? Not sure what a person in this spot is suppose to do and wondering are your thoughts mite be. Thanks 
    • By Andrew Paul
      Hi to all im new to here so here gos quadzilla xlc 300cc  and in 3 gear i get no drive and a lot of nasty nises can ony one help thanks andy.ps also what other engine gos in with no mods to do as im not that good thanks
    • By josephnbl91
      My four wheeler when i first got it seemed like it was very slow when i first got it and it had no throttle response so i replaced the belt and cleaned all of the rollers thinking that would solve the problem from what i read on the forums. well it turned out that it wasnt. so i went to the next thing i took out the injector to check it out and i seen that there was a tiny bit of debree in it so i cleaned it and it seemed to improve a little bit. but still did not solve the problem. i later found out how to find the trouble codes out from the lcd screen using a paper clip on the diagnostic port and it showed the code which stood for no codes C00. i also forgot to mention that the throttle position censor is working perfect. before i started all of this the four wheeler ran just not to its potential. after my friend and i did the trouble code test the bike wouldnt even start anymore and the injector would spray for a few seconds for the start up then it stops and the fuel injection light comes on and blinks. the four wheeler wouldnt start anymore. i took it over to the local shop and they hooked it up to the computer to see if there was any codes and it still showed it was free of codes. they hooked it up to the fuel pressure gauge and we found that it was making 22 pounds and it should be making around 43. i then bought a new fuel pump and put it in. it now starts and runs for a few seconds and then it stalls out and the fuel injection light comes on again. which then leads me to think it is the ecu now but i want to be sure before i invest around $500 more into it. any opinions on whether or not anyone thinks this is the problem or if they have had a similar problem before would be really appreciated. sorry for writing a novel and not spelling very well. also i forgot to put the year in the title it is a 2007
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By marek porowski
      It’s kind of ATV related question as I need new trailer tires to tow my 4 wheeler. 
      Does anybody have any experience with loadstar 12” trailer tires ? 
      There is not to many choices for trailer tires here in Ontario and I was wandering if somebody can recommend me something. 
    • By DUBLT
      Looking to purchase a windshield for my ATV, suggestions of what to buy with quality in mind and will fit without doing any modifications. 
    • By Gilbey
      Does everyone run the tire pressure as stated on tires or perhaps a couple # below to soften the ride a little?
    • By Ted Aregi
      I've got a king quad 750cc has anyone converted the fuel pump relay to a stronger fuel pump relay on there king quad?
    • By Brandon Bollinger
      Doesnt seem to make the sound all the time. Mostly does it under load or going up an incline. Its kind of like a clunk and or grinding noise, Kind of hard to decipher. Today while going up an incline it actually stopped and it sounds like something spinning and then it ingauged again and it would move. I checked the clutches and installed a new belt before it did that also. Rear drive shaft seems ok where U joint is too. Has all new rear CV shafts and bearings and al new bushings in rear arms. Also flushed out the rear Diff with no shavings. Any ideas or where to check.