Quantcast

Winch on a lakota

Awakzrx

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Forum Topics

• By beast6228
      I've been trying to piece this Lakota 300 back together, slowly. It's been a rabbit hole however. I replace one thing, then it leads to replacing other things. Anyway, When I got this thing I noticed that the hose coming off the camshaft cover wasn't attached to anything, it was just hanging loose. (It's literally just a foot long hose attached to nothing) I figured since it was venting the head it would be ok and I am sure it is.
      However, last night I was looking at the service manual and noticed that it mentioned that this atv has a crankcase breather tube as well. Mine does not have one, so I looked at Partzilla and looked at the parts diagram and sure enough, it's definitely supposed to have one. The problem however is, the service manual does not show how it hooks up and the parts diagram only shows the exploded view of the assembly. I just find that kind of strange, nowhere in the manual does it show how it connects. Does it have it connector, attach to a nipple? It just doesn't say and it bothers me that there is a hole there without anything attached to it.  If anyone has a Bayou 300 or Lakota 300 with an intact breather vent system and could possibly take some clear photos of it or know how it connects I would be very grateful. I have searched high and low and cannot find any information on it.

Thanks

• By Whiterabbit
      3500lb, synthetic rope lead and everything needed to install for........................................ $89 bucks!  I'm installing one on my '01 Bombardier Quest and it looks like a legit buy. If you have a RK nearby & you need a winch you might want to swing by before they disappear.
    • By 86ccord
      Starting this build thread to keep up with everything on my build and hope to motivate someone!

I picked up this 2008 Yamaha Big Bear 250 2 weeks ago. A guy that I hunt with parked it at the hunt club for a year or so before I asked him if he wanted to sell. He said " fill my feeder and throw some batteries in my cameras, and you can have it". Sounds like a deal to me! 
      I have attached some pictures of how it sat under a tarp in the woods and when I got it home and cleaned up a little. 

• By beast6228
      So the other day I picked up a Lakota 300, it's going to be a new project for a bit, the engine is super clean and so is the frame...luckily the VIN was intact.  However, it is the missing the air box (the one that holds the filter) but it does have the air chamber that goes to the carb.  These air boxes seem to be pretty pricey, so my question is has anyone had any luck running a pod filter on theirs and if so, what kind of jets are you running? The carb on this one is a Keihin CVK, I have yet to pull it off and inspect it.
    • By DmanYo
      Ill be the first to share some random knowledge! Voltage Regulator?