Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV? Join our Forum!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Stephanie Webb

How to bypass rev limiter in suzuki 500 quadmaster

are there wires running to your throttle box on the handlebars?  if not i wouldnt think it has a rev limiter.  there has to be a sensor somewhere to cut the spark out for it to limit the immediate rpm jump.  i guess it could be in the throttle body but ive never heard of one located there.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Tagged Content

• By jimybud
      Below is a quote from a response to similar question from yesterday: 
      "Easiest thing to check is trash in the main jet.  if it idles fine, then the idle circuit and low speed jet is clear.  if it bogs off idle that's when it's transitioning to the main jet." 
      I will go ahead and open up the carb and check the main jet, but please respond to this post as if the main jet is squeaky clean.
      Below is my post:
      Only starts and runs on Full chock. 
      Does not matter what position I have my "mixture" screw.   Tried it at zero, 1 turn, 2 turn, up to five turns.  Spent a few hours confirming that the position of the mixture screw does not resolve issue.
      Runs great at idle and if I slowly engage throttle, it will rev up as expected.  But, quick rev up or when I am trying to drive it, it spits and sputters and looses power.
      I also use a propane bottle and did not find any obvious leaks, and the vacuum port is hooked to fuel peacock and I also made sure to simply block the port with my finger to see if that would resolve the issue.
      New Carb (after market), New Coil, Fresh Gas.  No leaks at manifold boot, hot battery.  Good gas flow.    Runs too good to be a valve issue, or cylinder, great compression.
      I can move the choke out a tiny bit, and it will still run, but will still bog down when I try to power it up.
      I also have a 250 trail boss Polaris that I require to run at full choke, but it has power at all throttle potions.
      I suspect it is running rich as the choke is on, but will not run with it off.
      Any details would be appreciated.
    • By therealjohnsmith
      I just bought these in the fall as a pair and of course they were running awesome with no problems at that time.
      One of them now will only start with starting fluid. It runs great once it's started, but absolutely refuses to start without a squirt of the good stuff.  The other one starts just fine, but dies after it gets warm. The only way to keep it running is to keep the throttle up. It won't run at an idle, and keeping it running has the throttle too high to shift.  Any ideas or suggestions are very much appreciated!!!
      Thank you,
      John from Shelley, Idaho
    • By mrfartsalot
      I have a 2001 suzuki quadmaster 500 4x4 that has a rev limiter when it is in any gear other than neutral, i have already fixed a bunch of stuff on it and would love to just bypass it if anyone knows how. Thanks for any help.
      video-1583184277.mp4
    • By Mike Johnson
      Hello again guys ,. I have a Quadmaster that has a very bad lean to my passenger side wheel. I replaced the a arm bushings with no change in the lean,  I see no bent parts and no adjustments available. It's always been there since I got it but became really noticeable when I put the lift kit on it. I'm going to add a picture of the problem if allowed.