Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV? Join our Forum!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Chris Cowell

2012 Yamaha YFZ450r Fuel Problems

I have a 2012 yfz450r. I loaned it out to a friend now it won't start. He ruined the battery..I topped all the fluids off and try to jump it and it shows the fuel light on yet I filled the tank 3/4 full. I'm wondering if that fuel light is indicating maybe a duel problem possibly a pump or? It turns over strong and I took it apart and can't ever hear the fuel pump kick on...any ideas fellas? I sure appreciate it!

Screenshot_2019-10-25-18-26-31.png

What do you mean he ruined your battery ? Is it possible that he tried to jump start it and hooked up the cables backwards? That would cause a considerable amount of electrical damage.  

It’s electronic fuel pump so you would have to take a tester and put it on the wires of the fuel pump with the key on.  See if you have 12v at the pump. 
Before all that go basic first, look for blown fuses. Is the fuel gauge electric or float type? 

I would check for spark as well while your doing some testing also smell around and look around for any burnt wires along the frame.  

If that machine was fine before you lent it out then my guess is either he sank the dam thing in water or he jumped it and hooked up the cables backwards. 

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Brock Kincaid
      Ok so just picked up an 02 ds 650 and the guy said he couldn't get it to start. He had a shop put new shims in it and I had them checked and they were ok now things I've done is new plugs even though guy had just put new plugs in it.. got new carb 42mm just like the one that was on it.. bought new intake manifold because the one that was on it someone got way to tweaked out and ported the shit out of it excuse my language but yeah so installed new intake manifold and it just won't start like its not getting enough fuel.  Timing seems to be right it does fire every now and again but just barely.. did a compression test today and it was at 90psi.. i know thats low but don't know where I'm losing compression.. valves we at .06 and .07 when checked im lost ive tried everything I know and can't figure it out
    • By Chris Cowell
      Hey fellas. So I have a 2012 yfz450r. I work on the road for a living and went to a job and let a friend of mine borrow my wheeler while I was gone. Well, we know how that all turns out. I come home and it’s not running. Swears up and down he just went out to start it one day and wouldn’t start. Well, I start fooling with it and figure out the fuel pump is bad. I replaced the pump a couple days ago and brand new battery. When I go to start it, the engine light blinks every time I hit the start button. So, I decided to try and pull start it. It’ll turn over strong and half-ass run until I pull in the clutch and dies. Then the fuel light came on. I can hear the pump turning on and doing it’s job. Now, when I turn on the key the fuel light stays on, and same deal with engine light blinking every time I hit the start button. Can anyone help me out at all? This has been a NIGHTMARE. Super appreciative for any help. Thanks. 
    • By Brent Wright
      What's a good size to start a 10 year old on?
    • By Johnnyhorsepower
      I finally found an awsome app for your phone that shows you on a map all the trails near your location. You can read or add reviews, look at picts...etc
      Its called: atv escape

John
    • By Dskip160
      Hey there! New guy here! So I bought an 87 250. I turn the key and it has ignition light. I press run and the engine turns over. Guy I bought it from said the carbs may need cleaning, I worked them good cleaned and blown out. I reinstalled the carb and still doing the same thing. It’s getting fuel, the battery is brand new and charged I’m lost here!( purchased a new carb on its way) anyone have any ideas

• Similar Tagged Content

• By gyminis
      i have a 2009 yahama yfm7fgpy speciai edition and the fuel pump is replaced, but it runs till the fuel runs out? could it be a an injector issue or something else:aargh: