Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV, UTV or SxS? Join our Community Forum!

QUADCRAZY ATV Community and Forum are FREE to join! We keep our ATV, UTV, and SxS forums clean and user friendly. All first time posters in our forums will have to wait to have their content reviewed and approved. Once your first ten posts are approved, you will no longer need to go through a forum post approval process. To bypass the approval process with immediate access and a NO ADS experience in our ATV, SxS, and UTV forums, consider subsribing to a Premium Membership

Suzuki Quadmaster 500, 2000 model

Mike Johnson

Hello again guys ,. I have a Quadmaster that has a very bad lean to my passenger side wheel. I replaced the a arm bushings with no change in the lean,  I see no bent parts and no adjustments available. It's always been there since I got it but became really noticeable when I put the lift kit on it. I'm going to add a picture of the problem if allowed.

IMG_20191202_110419759.jpg

Thats some lean. I feel like something you did during the lift was not done correctly or a set of bushings on the top swing arm are crushed. 
My approach would be to pull the front wheels off and take measurements from the bolt holes that hold the swing arms in place to the edge of the hub and compare the numbers.  
If your sure this was not a problem before the lift and nothings bent then its a matter of back tracking and making sure you did not mix up the lift brackets. There are two for the front and one for the back on the single suspension rear swing arm type atvs. 

Is it possible  that you mixed anything  up ?

lastly some frames have two holes for the upper shock mount on the front shocks.  Are they both in the same spots ? 

• Like 1

It was leaning really bad before I put the lift kit on it, which is 4 little squares of metal that bolts to the end of the shock. They are all on it correctly. I put new bushings on the a arms, which was not easy to do and they weren't crushed. I'm going to order new ball joints and see what that does. I can visualize one more thing to try but will wait until I do the ball joints to reveal.

I don't know anything about the ATV.  I saw 2 ATVs sitting under the carport of a vacant house for 5 year's, pitch black at night, passed the house one day on my way home and finally saw someone there. I ran off the road and jumped out saying ' finally somebody's here ' we talked a bit and he gave me a price. $700 for both of them, Kawasaki Bayou 300 4x4 and a Suzuki Quadmaster 500 4x4. Brought them home, put gas and a battery in the Kaw and been riding it since. Suzuki needed a rectifier and a battery, carburetor kit  then fired right up. The speedo showed 525 miles on the Suzuki when I got it.