Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV? Join our Forum!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Jay Reddick

2016 Yamaha Kodiak 700 Replaced Wires Not Starting

Hey guys, need some help with my 2016 Yamaha Kodiak 700 4x4.  Was riding and it started smoking below the air box and then Caught fire.  We got the fire put out quickly with a fire extinguisher.  Many of the wires below the air box got damaged.   I purchased a new wiring harness for the atv and replaced that as well as any other damaged cables or parts that burned up where the fire was.  I also replaced the regulator, the ECU, and the starter solenoid. I also replaced the stater since some of the cables that went to the regulator were damaged.  It acts like it will crank but it won’t turn over.   The fuel pump initialized when I turn the key so it’s working.  I’ve spend $1500 on parts and no luck yet.  Any suggestions?  

Wow thats a lot of parts replaced ! What caused the fire like that ? Ok so first things first. Have you checked for spark?
Did you use all oem parts? 
Have you gone over all the connections? 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Hellraiser69
      Just got a new to me, 99 Kodiak w/ plow and an extra set of tires for dirt cheap. I'm curious where you guys purchase your parts for your older ATV's? Google is great to find parts, but I'm hoping you guys have some stores, online, that you prefer on a recommendation basis. I've already purchased my tune-up items, but the brakes need some work and I'll likely end up having to replace the steering stem bearing, front CV axles and a few other things down the road.
    • By mikeexplorer
      PA Residents, please take a moment to send an email supporting this to [email protected]
      https://www.erienewsnow.com/story/41590987/proposed-changes-on-the-way-for-riding-atvs-on-state-forest-trails?fbclid=IwAR1EXkgtnRenBzFAKG5h1IOs7xDrNg6iedYSALckbjx2F5ZPjwdDFFij6Jc#.Xic-MeQ7aXY.facebook
      This week, the Department of Conservation and Natural Resources (DCNR) plans to outline proposed policy changes for ATV trails on state forest lands.  They will also be seeking public comment.
      Pennsylvania has more than 260 miles of ATV trails in state forests. The department is reviewing its policy to respond to increasing demands for riding opportunities and well as interest from local governments in expanding tourism.
      “The purpose of the policy is to provide guidance to DCNR when acquiring, developing and managing lands for ATV use by the public,” Secretary Cindy Adams Dunn said.
      There had been a moratorium on new trail development, but the policy revisions now authorize DCNR to consider new ATV trails and connectors on state forest lands.
      “New ATV trails will be considered, while still balancing the protection of natural resources as outlined in the Environmental Rights Amendment to the Pennsylvania Constitution, and the needs of all types of recreational users on DCNR lands,” Dunn said.
      In a 2016 survey of ATV users, more than 4,800 responded with many indicating a strong desire for more long-distance trails. Pennsylvania has around 285,000 registered ATVs. On state forest lands, ATV riding is allowed only on designated trails.
      Public comment will be taken at a meeting in Harrisburg Wednesday, January 22, from 10 a.m. to noon in Room 105 of the Rachel Carson State Office Building. Written comments can be submitted to [email protected]
      The deadline to submit comments is March 27.
      More information about ATV riding is on the DCNR website.

• By Asen_77
      Hi All,
      My name is Asen and I am from Eastern Europe, Bulgaria. Riding a Yamaha Raptor 700R and this is my first Quad wanted for a vey long time :)

• By dgk_mike
      It will go into neutral, 1st, 2nd, and reverse but nothing after 2nd gear. The shifter moves freely going up completely nothing but when you shift down it works. I’m not sure if it’s tranny issue worth messing with or if I should just buy a new one.  Overall besides that the thing runs like new.

• By StolenATV
      Taken from my car port around 0330 and was taken by at least 2 people found footprints pushing the quad all the way to the road (80 yards)
      The post 2012 Yamaha Grizzly 700 EFI 4×4 Stolen appeared first on STOLEN 911.
      View the full article
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By Milsparro
      Howdy y'all. Just bought myself a 2004? Yamaha 400 with electrical Gremlins aplenty. Runs good (after jumping the starter solenoid relay terminals with the helpfully included with the sale pliers) but no fan when my wife's 03 Kodiak 400 had fan and the starter button makes it to the starter solenoid but the ECU side isn't happy. This seems to be a lively forum with manual downloads being supported so hi.
      Oh yah, and you can get two Kodiak 400s on a 5x8 trailer... I bought a nice 14' trailer as soon as possible after this.

• By Guy Churchward
      I have a 2016 Yamaha Kodiak and find myself with a start issue.. I changed the battery so it’s not that.. here’s a video of me trying and then boost starting.. can anyone give me pointers as to a starter motor issue or fuse or wiring or whatever ?.. I find myself without a vehicle with a tow hitch for the 1st time in years so have a dead and stranded ATV to fix !
      thanks in advance, suggestions welcome
      Guy

IMG_5952.mp4  

• By mothrottle
      The VIN on my 2018 Kodiak 450 is not where it's supposed to be. I bought this used. Is there another "hidden" location where I can find it? Need the number for insurance co. Thanks in advance.
    • By Michael Aiken
      Where can I find a wiring diagram for my 2005 450 Kodiak. Thanks.
    • By J Printz
      i have a 2004 Yamaha Kodiak 450 and it is losing oil but does not smoke what is it