Admin

Workshop - Servicing An Axle Carrier

2 posts in this topic

Your quad's axle carrier is essential for a smooth-rolling set of rear wheels. It suffers the most when it gets packed with dirt, grit, and grime

More...

•  Like what you are reading? Please help us by sharing this content.

I have to admit....That the Carrier is one of the most important things to check on a Regular Basis..... If not working properly The Drag will Slow you down:eek:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By dirtybear00
      Hello guys. So I am having trouble navigating the forum here. I am looking for an exploded parts view or the service manual for a 2000-2004 Yamaha big bear 400 manual shift. Mine does NOT have a shift lever on front left fender . I took the rear end apart because it was stripped splines and now I can't remember where it all goes. (Seals, bearings, and torque specs. I have a new axle, used diff , need to install wheel bearings and brakes etc .  Really want to get this thing back together asap
    • By Muggzy
      Help! This hub has been soaking in liquid wrench for two days now. The hub puller in the picture has been on under tension with an impact wrench for 24 hours, removed and re-tightened at least twice in that time. I've tried smacking it from two sides simultaneously with ball peen hammers while under tension and also heating it until the liquid wrench began to smoke also while under tension and it's not budging. Anyone have any advice?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    • By toonces
      Replacing one of the front lower boots on a '11 700 grizz and not sure where to source the part. This is my first service job on this bike or on an atv period. I'd like to get at least OEM, but if there's something better that's not too much more I'd probably go for that. What's the best place to source this part w/ the best price? So far I've found...
      YamahaPartsNation.com
      YahamaPartsPitStop.com
      BikeBandit.com
      RockyMountainATVmc.com
      And last, I've watched a couple youtube vids on doing the boot swap and seems fairly simply. To change out the lower boot you have to remove the whole axle (jerk it out), take the top boot off, dismantle the top side, then replace the bottom boot from the opposite side. But when they go to put the axle back in I haven't seen anyone mention regreasing the splines of the axle before reinserting? Surely this is just something they've left out. What type of grease should be used here?
      Any tips on doing this job much appreciated!
    • By crankin
      I need to replace the u-joints on the front driveshaft. I am having trouble getting the axles out to remove the differential. Might need advice on removing the driveshaft as well.
    • By csts
      1995 350 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4. Are the dif gear splines harder material than the axle splines? If so can I replace just the axle itself? Also what other years and/or models interchange?