Quantcast

TRX 200

Finally got some time to drag it up out of the weekds and do a little work on it. What I thought was a stuck-in-gear issue turned out to be a stuck-in-brake issue LOL. Just needs some TLC. Thinking of replacing fenders and such with some custom aluminum diamond plate panels. Salvaged a bunch from a pickup tool box I acquired. 

20210531_164216.jpg

20210531_174607.jpg

20210531_175946.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

They are badly cracked, but still in one piece. Someone tried plastic stitching/welding them but that failed. After working on it some more, thinking I might make some panels to pop rivet to the plastic like decorative panels. Easier that trying to remake everything and a lot of the plastic is still integrally sound as far as mounting to the frame. Working on getting it running first. Off to pick up battery and new ignition coil tomorrow. Sorting out wiring harness right now 😉👍

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The only way to be certain of the problem is to start dismantling the motor. Begin by removing the side cover opposite the shift lever; the shifter shaft runs across the motor, and the shift ratchet may be seen under the side cover. If everything appears to be in order, you will need to enter the cases. Unfortunately, this requires the motor's total disassembly. I've met this problem while one of my friend's quad bikes suddenly broke, while we were planning a trip to Tenerife according to this guide https://riderly.com/blog/guide-to-renting-quad-tenerife-island/.

Edited by MechJony

• 1 year later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Forum Topics

• By HSTAR
      Hey I have a 1997 big bear 350 4x4
      I replaced the shifter shaft and the shift arm linkage and the rod when I installed them all I was unaware that you had to line the dot on the shifter shaft with the gap on the linkage arm gap put it all back  together and rode it I can't get it to shift in the right gears  I can move the shift cam by hand and goes in different gears but with the shifter shaft in it riding I can't put it in R or N 
      Anyone know how to line up the shifter shaft and the shift cam s

• By CaptJim
      Hello guys, I hope I am not invading your space, but as you can see the current state of my project here it's not but about 50% ATV. I am hoping that some one here can point me to a wiring schematic that I can reference since the "Complete wiring harness" i purchased from Amazon did not include a diagram of any kind.

The ones that I am finding on line vary greatly but none show the connections for the separate 5 wire connector coming from the motor.

Can someone tell me where these wires go?

Thanks in advance for all help!
    • By That229Yamaha
      Hey guys, I’m new to the forum. What I got is a 2001 Yamaha Bear Tracker 250, got it as a project on trade and the problem I’m dealing with is a “no spark” problem and been trying to hunt down the cause for two weeks. I’ve replaced the stator, pick up coil, CDI, wiring harness, ignition, coil pack, spark plug, solenoid, battery, etc. and I’m still not getting any luck. Even tried bypassing the kill switch. I also noticed two things on this quad, another CDI under the back plastic by the voltage regulator, and a blue and green wire coming from the motor behind  the foot shift, tried to hook it up but it broke off and I’m thinking the broken wire would cause it to have no spark, if not then I need someone’s help on this and wanna see if I can get spark again. If anyone knows why I have this problem, the help would be greatly appreciated.
    • By kawasig
      Hello All
      I'm kinda new to ATVs. I just bought a 1987 Suzuki quad runner 230 Dual Range. I'm having a problem finding info on it. It's very clean, only 2.800 miles. The front wheels are only 30 in.center to center. I was thinking about adding wheel spacers to give it more stability. I realize the added stress on ball joints and bearings. I'm wondering if there are any other concerns? Any input is greatly appreciated!
    • By beast6228
      It's been a long time since I have used a forum, I was the admin of one for quite a few years, had thousands of daily active members, with lots of crazy posts and spammers, so I salute the admins. Anyway, just waving my greasy hands, Hopefully I can help others out.