Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV or UTV? Join our Forum!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Snow Pushing

Richard1234

Any advice regarding clearing snow with a Big Bear 350? 

I've a long straight driveway to clear at a new hobby acreage and we got lots of fresh snow!  Is it any better to angle the plow and run the length, or push the snow side to side into the ditches? 

I've never plowed snow before and have a steep learning curve as to what will prove more efficient! 

Any advice from the experienced would be appreciated!

Angle blade and run the length if you can, if you get large amounts of snow frequently and are able, pushed it WELL off each side of the driveway because it will build up making it more difficult to plow as winter drags on. Of you don't get it far enough off your driving lan will become narrower and narrower as winter progresses.

8 hours ago, Freedomflyer said:

Angle blade and run the length if you can, if you get large amounts of snow frequently and are able, pushed it WELL off each side of the driveway because it will build up making it more difficult to plow as winter drags on. Of you don't get it far enough off your driving lan will become narrower and narrower as winter progresses.

Ah, I should have signed in before I went!  It wasn't near as deep as here in the city, so I should be able to expand the narrow lane I cut.  I did end up angling the blade and made 4 passes up/down the lane.  

I was surprised how easy it pushed.  The Big Bear had no issues with tires spinning nor motor loading up even as the blade overflowed heavy wet snow.  With the long straight driveway, and room on each side, clearing the snow doesn't seem as daunting as it did before!

My only issue is that the winch isn't sensitive enough to adjust the blade an inch or two at a time.  I will need to modify how I'm grabbing it so that I can position the blade more accurately.

But over-all, seems an excellent (and kinda fun) way to clear snow!