Quantcast

2019 Can-Am ds 70 stalls at idle

I bought a used 2019 ds 70 a couple weeks ago for my son. If I had to guess it has under a 100 miles. It still has the nubs on the tires.

It starts right up on the first crank. After he rides for a couple minutes it will stall when he stops. If he doesn't stop it won't stall but as soon as he stops it shuts off. I can get it started but it take about 3 minutes of cranking the engine before it will fire back up. Then again after a couple minutes of riding it will stall as soon as he stops. Any recommendations?

On 6/27/2022 at 9:45 AM, chadd7 said:

I bought a used 2019 ds 70 a couple weeks ago for my son. If I had to guess it has under a 100 miles. It still has the nubs on the tires.

It starts right up on the first crank. After he rides for a couple minutes it will stall when he stops. If he doesn't stop it won't stall but as soon as he stops it shuts off. I can get it started but it take about 3 minutes of cranking the engine before it will fire back up. Then again after a couple minutes of riding it will stall as soon as he stops. Any recommendations?

Bump for some help.

First thing would be to check the idle mixture is set right.

If it's a two-stroke, I'd check the oil/fuel mixture is right, and what I'm always going to use in future, then I'd adjust the idle mixture screw.

If it doesn't respond to the adjustment, or if it  doesn't cure the problem, then we can look a bit deeper.

Edited by Mech

Hi, I have a Suzuki King Quad 300 and had same issue. Hadn’t been started for a couple of months. Thought it might be the fuel had gone off so drained and cleaned the tank filled with fresh fuel but was still the same. Pulled the car by apart and found the primary/idle jet was blocked cleaned that and the carby and other jests and runs like a charm again.

On 6/27/2022 at 9:45 AM, chadd7 said:

Bump for some help.

On 7/1/2022 at 6:28 PM, Mech said:

First thing would be to check the idle mixture is set right.

If it's a two-stroke, I'd check the oil/fuel mixture is right, and what I'm always going to use in future, then I'd adjust the idle mixture screw.

If it doesn't respond to the adjustment, or if it  doesn't cure the problem, then we can look a bit deeper.

I had a little tine over the weekend to look a this.  I adjust the idle just slightly and that seemed to fix the issue.  I'm going to have my son ride it a little longer today just to make sure but I think that did the trick.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Forum Topics

• By mehim
      Hi everyone. 
      Let me explain the thread title. 
      My husband and I are very active in the nudist community, and we have stayed at many and most of the mainstream nudist and clothing optional campgrounds in the USA. We are now approaching our retirement and would like to start a podcast to share those off the road / backwoods / little known camping areas where nudity is allowed. We have purchased a 5th wheel camping trailer with a rear garage for the ATV and now need some good reports on the one to buy. 
      We are most interested in a side by side unit but would love to get your thoughts. 
      Feel free to stop by and say Hi and ask anything you would like to better understand what we are looking for in an offroad unit. 
      Thanks for reading and hope to hear from you. 

• By Topendcol
      First issue was fuel pump wont start once ignition has been turned on. Replaced the pump as I had one on hand, than noticed no power so replaced the fuel pump relay as that was were i traced the power to. Still nothing so further inspection looks like signal is coming from the PCM (FLR B20) but not switching the the brown wire to the fuel pump. Ive checked the operation of the bank angle sensor and it appears operational. Fuses and wiring all appear OK. The engine stop relay also tests OK. Ive been through the repair manual and diagrams but to no avail. Fully stumped, any tips would be helpful. Thanks
      Col
    • By jashadams
      Hey all back again with my 1989 moto 4 250.
      After putting a new carb on it it's really sputtery, it has new gas and I'm wondering what to tune on the carb to make it idle better. I've attached a video to describe the issue more. The bike is still work in progress but I think the video gets the point across. Thanks!
      Snapchat-1142015191.mp4
    • By Frank Angerano
      So I decided to pick up a small trailer if I could get one for the right price.  I found this one for a few hundred bucks on Craig’s list.  It is  a galvanized trailer which is exactly what I was looking for. The wood was shot and needed some minor repairs which I could care less about as long as the chassis was good. 
      I striped it down and put a new deck on. I had some vinyl realtree graphics that I had laying around so I added them to the fenders which I think worked out well. Very happy with this little guy.  
      I'm having the iron workers at my jobmake me up a few lightweight side rails that will have a 22 degree bend in them to accommodate the tires that slightly hang over the edge and will incorporate some tie down points as well. 

• By WyattLemke25
      Working on a 2016 Sportsman 570 and it has a new battery and spark plug. No codes, fuses all look good. It cranks for a while and when it starts it will only run for a few seconds before stalling. At one point it was running at 3000 rpm with no throttle input, then it dies. Not sure where to look besides messing with the throttle cable, so suggestions are appreciated, Thanks.