Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Stoopidbot1

Honda's TRX450 White Wire

I'm sure people have heard about Can am's little trick about cutting the pink wire that goes into the CDI. This will change the mapping or something like that. What Can am doesn't tell people is that it will VOID their warranty. This is supposed to be like a performance up grade.

Honda's TRX450 has a similar set up. If you remove the hood piece, you will see the CDI box. If you remove the WHITE wire it will allow the TRX to rev up 1000 more RPMs. This will do nothing for your performance if the internals of your motor are stock. This WILL VOID YOUR WARRANTY.

On Honda its the Green wire. And unless your engine is really modded, you wont notice a bit of difference. I wouldnt recommend cutting it.

On Honda its the Green wire. And unless your engine is really modded, you wont notice a bit of difference. I wouldnt recommend cutting it.

It's the green? I read white. I also posted that it is not worth voiding your warranty.

thats stupid. why void the warrenty?

i mean i can understand if you bought it with no warrenty..but not brand new.

The extra RPMs wont do a thing without the right Mods anyway. Plus, I figure why wear my engine out quicker by over-revving it up? The HRC kit for Hondas does come with an adapter that does the Green wire mod. I also believe the Green wire mod is only on '06 and up Honda's. Otherwise, you have to buy a new CDI kit.

what wire would it be on the yfz or can you do it to the yfz

I'm not sure. You are better off buying a new CDI rather than cutting. When you install a CDI they generally improve your spark and your ignition curve. Cutting the wire only gives an extra 1000 RPM. Without any major internal motor work it will do nothing but void your warranty.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By w_r_e
      Can anyone point me to a good set of instructions for changing front diff oil on a 1987 Suzuki LT4WD? I can almost guess which bolts are drain & fill... but I've been wrong before... 😆 
      I found some partial posts on other forums and they linked out to dead images and whatnot. Any help appreciated. 
      This thing is running pretty good, got the front brakes back to life, electric start works fine, seat cover fixed up, plastics stitched back together...
      BEFORE (last week):

AFTER (today):

• By Belmontie
      Hi bought this quad with a few leaks and other issues which thanks to excellent advice from these forums I thought I’d sorted them till I washed it down and found oil underneath. 
      It is coming from the seal around the gear changer pedal as it looks like someone has banged the housing flat on one side. Knowing how easily aluminium is broken I don’t wanna risk tapping it back into shape. Would a new seal fit or would the distortion of the housing render it useless.
      thanks in advance 
    • By rideatvs2live
      Found some interesting news online when I googled Yamaha yesterday. Not sure when this went down, but Yamaha bought a percentage of Linhai (a Chinese manufacturing company) and are providing technology for Scooters, and more importantly for this forum, ATV's.

Seeing as how not everyone can AFFORD the crazy prices that have skyrocketed over the past 15 years. Yamaha and Linhai are trying to produce a more affordable model by manufacturing out of CHINA! I found a pretty substantial savings at RidersWholesale.com over what they want you to pay at the local Yamaha Dealer.
      Just spreading the word. Let me know what you think about this. You can check out the Technical Specs Here
    • By Frank Angerano
      I received this set this week and used them. 
      Could not be happier.  You strip the wires put them into the connector and hit them with some heat.   The tube shrinks and has a gasket material that melts and surrounds the wires, then there is a strip of soft solder that melts as well connecting the wires.  
      Very strong. 
      👍🏻
      50 pcs Solder Seal Heat Shrink Butt Connectors Electrical Marine Automotive Waterproof Wire Splice Insulated Connector Kit 26 24 22 20 18 16 14 12 10 Gauge AWG https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LK2YJQC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_RZ-GCb3N1M9Q1
    • By StolenATV
      2006 Suzuki Ltz 250 Vin JSAAJ4AA262101029
      Stolen at night from my garage in alley by cutting 2 locks off.
      The post Stolen from my locked garage by cutting 2 locks off. appeared first on Stolen 911.
      View the full article
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By Ineedabrew
      Hello all,
      I have brought an 84 TRX 200 back to life and unfortunately whomever dug into it first removed the two trim pieces that go around the gas tank.  I was thinking someone on the site may have an old parts bike with these pieces lying around.....  If so, drop me a message and we can make a deal.  I just want to complete the bike!
      Thanks,
      Jason

• By Connor Tuftin
      I have a 1988 300 Honda FourTrax, All wheel drive.
      My brother and I were fixing up this quad. We put a brand new battery and fuses in and it was running fine until we put the quad into reverse. As soon as it was put into reverse all of the electrical cut out and power wasn't making it to the head unit anymore and both of the brand new fuses popped. We figured there might have been a short from the starter or solenoids, but they are all working properly. At this point we don't know where to start looking for where the short could be. I'm just wondering if anybody has had the same issue or knows of similar issues that could cause these electrical shorts?
    • By Ajmboy
      Here's a great video that illustrates Honda's 2019 ATV lineup. You've got the TRX90X, TRX250X, FourTrax Recon, FourTrax Rancher, FourTrax Foreman, FourTrax Rincon, and Foreman Rubicon ATVs.

• By Keith Proudman
      My 2013 Honda 420 occasionally won't go into reverse. I don't think it is in the transmission as it does not make a click or noise. I think it is in the lockout. Someone told me when I ride near the ocean the salt can get on something. Any ideas?
    • By Jordan Alexander
      The title is for attention. I’m prepping my cylinder head off of an unknown year 400ex to install on my quad. And I’m examining it and there’s literally a Jewish start( Star of David) protruding from the metal on the camshaft side of the head. It’s not imprinted or etched/ engraved. It’s coming out of the metal. DOES ANYONE HAVE INFORMATION ON WHY ITS THERE??? I’ve attached a picture