Quantcast

New to the sport

About to acquire first ATV ... interested in two-up (Polaris Sportsman). Need to determine if 500cc will carry 195lb driver and 130lb passenger with extra fuel and light gear. also curious about range on tank of fuel. anyone with experience here to offer guidance?

About to acquire first ATV ... interested in two-up (Polaris Sportsman). Need to determine if 500cc will carry 195lb driver and 130lb passenger with extra fuel and light gear. also curious about range on tank of fuel. anyone with experience here to offer guidance?

Yeah it will carry that..

Fuel Capacity 6 gal./22.7 ltr.

Front-Rack Capacity 90 lb./40.8 kg.

Rear-Rack Capacity 180 lb./81.6 kg.

Hitch Towing Capacity 1225 lb./555.7 kg.

Braked Trailer Towing Capacity 1,995 lbs/905 kg

I personally am not a huge fan of Polaris and have seen my fair share of suspension problems on trails. Struts coming a part after hard hits, etc..

I would also check out the Can-Am. Outlander Max 500 EFI

pkg_OutlanderMax500EFI.jpg

Rotax 500 EFI V-Twin engine

TTI independent rear suspension

Lightweight double A-arm front suspension

Visco-Lok† auto-locking front differential

Continuous Variable Transmission [CVT]

Center Skid Plate

Multi-function full digital gauge

D.E.S.S. electronic anti-theft system

Steel Racks with 300-pound [136 kg] capacity

26-inch radial tires with steel wheels

Ergonomic passenger backrest

Convertible rack/seat system with totable storage box

Raised floorboards

Multi-position passenger handgrips

Driver lumbar support

Outlander MAX 500 EFI | Outlander MAX 500 EFI XT- Can-Am

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Forum Topics

• By drobbie98
      Hey all, Thanks for having me in the forum. I just purchased my first ATV and am stoked to understand more about it. 

The first stupid question will be, what is everyone's maintenance schedule? DO yo follow the recommended intervals or build one yourself based on the machine. 

Thanks in advance. 
    • By Gwbarm
      Just checking to see which differential oil everyone is using: Valvoline, Lucas, Honda,Yamaha etc.
    • By autocustomizer76
      Hey all got a Kawasaki 300 that's seen better days I'm looking to get running.  But first, I'm working on a Honda 350 ES and mainly needing where are you all finding quality parts at good prices.  Atvs are really hot items around here right now and most of the folks wanting and needing them are not familiar with working on them.  I'm looking to find a good resource for information and if it works out well pass this group along to the folks I help to get them in the know how to get the most out of their machines.  Thanks in advance.
    • By blasirl
      I am in need of a breather tube diagram for my Rancher.  This picture is all I could find in the manual I have.     If you have the hose size and/or lengths needed that would be a bonus.

• By remnar
      New member here,
      I have searched here and other places and have not found an answer to my problem.   As the title says I have a 2014 420 Rancher that recently started having an issue were the revs before the clutch engages.  
      I have checked the oil level (per the service manual) and replace the Valvoline ATV 10w40(less than 5 hours) with 10W30 GN4 for good measure. I have used the "pin" method to pull a DTC.  I shows a 8-1 which is a TPS error.  This makes some sense, as if the computer doesn't read throttle position correctly, it could have this symptom. I have checked the source voltage, and tested the TPS off the quad with a Fluke and a power supply at 5v.  It is smooth and does not seem to be a bad sensor. I am confused by the DTC, because the PS light blinks the code, not the check engine light.  However, there are no PS codes of that value.   This condition appeared after a couple days of driving in the cold (~32°) and driving though some water/bogs.   
      A couple questions.  First has anyone seen this issue, and do you have any suggestions? I have followed the troubleshoot right up to the point of replacing the ECU, which I don't seem to have one on the shelf :)
      Second, anyone used a OBDII reader with an a 4pin adapter to pull codes?  If so, what system do you use?
      Beyond the rev issue, the quad runs and starts perfectly and when it decides, the clutch grabs tight (no slipping)