Quantcast

Newby in Nashville - Kawasaki Prairie 700

Go to solution Solved by Johnfj44,

Trying to find service manual instructions on reset of belt light on 2004 Kawasaki Prairie 700. I tried YouTube and none of the videos seem to match the wiring configuration on mine. It is running rough and the only issue I can find is that the belt light is blinking to remind me to service the machine. I can do the service but don't see how to reset the light. Can anyone provide the appropriate pages of the 2004 service manual for me? 

• Solution

I’m anewby and not yet eligible. I would appreciate someone who is eligible to copy the appropriate portion and place it in this area for me to download. I hope I will soon be eligible to use this wonderful service. Thanks for your comment 

Gw's right about the rough running.. You should do a standard tune/inspection first, checking the rubber hoses, air-cleaner, spark-plug, drain the carb perhaps looking for water in the fuel.. Then see how it goes.

The service light reset procedure is in the manual, in the electrical section. I'm not going to describe it because there are pictures of plugs you need to find. Get the manual.

The belt light has been blinking for some time. Thanks for the other suggestions. I will try those. I wanted to do the service items first so that I can eliminate those as possible cause. I will do the light reset as soon as I can get the manual pages. I really appreciate all your advice. Thanks a bunch 

7 hours ago, Johnfj44 said:

I’m anewby and not yet eligible. I would appreciate someone who is eligible to copy the appropriate portion and place it in this area for me to download. I hope I will soon be eligible to use this wonderful service. Thanks for your comment 

All it takes is some more participation or a premium membership. 😁

Yup.. For the price of a manual from the book store or off the internet, you can have all the manuals you will ever likely need. Or, just keep chatting.

You could describe the rough running in a bit more detail.. Does it do it all the time, hot and cold ? Does it run rough at idle, or only when you open the throttle a little, or only under a heavy load or at speed ?

Resetting the light doesn't make them run any different. It's just to tell you it's time for a service(you've done 100 hours), or the belt is loose and needs some work.

General internet search and this popped up:
To reset the belt light on a 2004 Kawasaki Prairie 700, there are several methods available.3 One method involves turning the key on and unplugging the belt switch connector (2 pin), then turning it back on to clear the memory, then turning it off again and connecting everything back up to its original place.1 Another method involves disconnecting the two wire plug on the belt sensor, finding the black and grey plugs under the gas tank cover, and swapping them.5 Some owners opt to ride with the light on since there is no visible way of resetting the light.0 However, if the belt light keeps coming on and now won't reset, check the toggle switch in the cover and perform the belt light reset procedure.4 If the belt switch is tripped, flip the switch to the rear and reconnect with the five pin connectors to reset the belt light and tell the CDI that you have reset the switch.2