Quantcast

Show me some mud!

ohhhh man if i only had pictures of last night's riding adventure..we went to practice on a harescramble style track near our house after three days of rain..

let's just say my back fender is broken because of the weight of the mud that was on it....andddd i buried myself three times and had to get help to get out....it was a good time, but very tiring by the end....

bahaha.....umm so we showed up to the race sunday morning and started my quad and it started smoking horribly....out the motor too...i was kinda nervous i was goin to blow it up...but my husby said give her hell anyways..

so I did, and the pictures you see above was from the start, right after the first corner....there was a straight stretch but as you can see it was muddy, the kind you sink in...and I just pinned it, 2nd gear and our friends said that after I did that the smoke cleared up and I raced the rest of the 2 hours without her smokin'...

sooo...you tell me, we think maybe a valve seal was stuck somewhere and when I opened it up it loosened up and got back where it was supposed to be...cause we went riding last night and it smoked just a little like it usually does....

There is a secret to long races. I would let all the big shots take off as hard as they can. I would ride a fast, but smooth pace. Each lap was about 33 miles. I would pass all the guys that try to go ball to the wall. They are either out of energy or they beat the crap out of their ride. If your ride doesn't finish, you don't.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Forum Topics

• By quadcrazy
      Do any mods to your atv? Let's hear about it!!!
    • By prdicon
      Hi
      Are you using any spray to prevent mud from sticking to the ATV.
      Both plastics, and engine. 

• By cervenakrava
      Hi,
      New to ATV repair but willing to learn and get my hands dirty.
      We start the atv and even with a good battery, it will drain it very quickly and eventually the atv shuts down. Checking the battery afterwards shows significant drain on it.
      Would this be a shot alternator? Some electronics module?
      Thank you kindly.  Just need to be pointed in the right direction and then with a repair manual will get to it.
      Cheers
    • By Ajmboy
      QUADCRAZY has been around over 10 years now and there a lot of members that have come and gone. We had a PM message going so I decided to start a topic. If I miss anyone, please post. Anyone can post, even if you are not an old member, but please keep to the theme of updating us on what you are doing now, what's new, where you are hanging these days, etc.
      Some of the old timers: @SunLrider @CK1999_400ex @trailblazer_02 @hangingon @pete59edsel @fox300exchic @powermaddd400ex @Raptor8 @GREENIE @NEWACRIDER @atvredefined @lawny @jigolbeep @cheriah @Mudflap64 @pony @Lildaisygrl18 @Tagels @mikeexplorer @Lildaisygrl18 @Jonny450R @yokochrist @DeadAim @Bimmerdog @CRAZYKIWI @KnightHawk @Senator @mellowyellow @DJLime @Desert-Hawk @davefrombc @jeeptuff @kidatvs @kfx450r @hvy_chevy_one @Roody  @rappy97 @Gunny @ALLYRATT @PolarisRich  @Tim-ANC @jerod400ex @MIKEL5469 @swampcat07 @DirtDemon @quadmaniac @WillyPoP @marioweldinginc @BioWare @Sc0tt @wylde1 @nueymansiyami @oxidized_black @mywifeknowseverythin @BuckBilly @Ajmboy @Stoopidbot1 @DrtyGrlKristin @outlander560 @01 RAPPY 660 @joet82 @wheeler0801 @Sparrows @quadnut20
      Sorry if I missed anyone. Looking forward to hearing how everyone is doing. 😎