Quantcast

Ride for Samantha - Pennsylvania

I don't feel great...it just is what it is.....

I'm sure many here have things happen around them that strikes a chord....

I appreciate the sentiment 'Bot, truly...but I'm not even thinking about how

I feel......more like how I'm perceiving how Dave and his family are feeling.....

So.....what's being done is within the realm of my capability, so it's really

a no-brainer.....

Like I said, I'm sure there are many here that wouldn't even think twice

about doing something for their fellow human.....

And, just thinking out loud here....I don't even know David Bowes....

But, after reading that his hours at work were cut, the mortgage company

was coming after him....and....he's SELLING HIS AND HIS CHILDREN'S

QUADS! I started thinking about a charity ride....since this is one of the

things one of my ATV clubs excels at.....Dennis just beat me to the punch :)

I do "know" Dave from a few local ATV lists and he seems like a great guy....

and for the mortgage company to be harping on him during such a dire

family situation got my blood boiling (I'm Irish and Italian....it's very easy

to do <GRIN>)

We all have it in us.....I wouldn't have it any other way....

But for others, and not anyone I've encountered on this or other ATV lists,

they choose not to.....

Just do a Google search on "Kitty Genovese" and you'll see what I mean....

Thanks again guys and gals....YOU DA BEST!

:partyc:

-TD

I didn't mean feel good as in personal acomplishment. I meant as in the fact you are doing what you can to help a fellow human.

Understood...and not throwing up an argument..just relating what I'm feelin'....I don't even look at it that way....just my normal modus operandi.......

I actually FEEL bad when I CAN'T do something...ya know?

;)

-TD

• 4 weeks later...

Tom thanks for posting the info. about the Ride for Samantha. I can't believe how much support the atv community is showing. People are reaching out from all over the country. I currently have a bank account set up with the Old Forge Bank in my home town. We have already recieved almost $800.00. The ride is still 3 weeks away. Once the ride has come and gone I plan to wait about 2 weeks to see if any more donations come in and then cut a check to the Bowes family and close out the account. The bank even gave us free checks. All we need now is good weather for the day of the ride. I want to Thank you and everyone else for all their support, thoughts and prayers. This has changed my mind about human nature. America is still full of the best people on earth. Just wanted to add that I don't know Dave or his family either.I read of his plight and knew something had to be done. Tom I'd didn't mean to steal your thunder. I was just faster on the draw...lol Were all in this world together guy's and we only have so much time. So lets spread some sunshine where we can.

Dennis

A few people placed out jars with the flyer attached in convenient stores ect. They are filling up every day. Not with just nickels and dimes but with bills. That was a breath of fresh air to see people react that way. But the main thing is that this little girl and her family are getting the help they need. Not from the government or insurance companies but from regular Joe's like us. That what makes me smile.

No worries Dennis....no thunder stolen...it's all good :D

I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that the weather holds and that we can provide Dave, Samantha and family a nice "pick me up" in their time of need.....

I hope some to the tri-state Quad Crazy-iacs can make it!

Tom D

Just got an e-mail from Fishers ATV World. They can't make the ride but are sending a gift pack and also a signed helmet from Brian Fisher. I'm amazed by the support were getting. One person sent a check for $200.00. I almost fell over when I opened it. I have a feeling that the Lost Trails Park is going to be filled on the day of the ride. Thanks to Tony Novak and his family for allowing this event to be held at their site. 3 weeks to go. Were gonna rock the park.

From the hosting site, The ATV Zone......THANKS!

---------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Everyone,

Well it appears the ATV RIDE FOR SAMANTHA has indeed begun its countdown.... we are already into the single digits!!! up.gif

Some things I thought I should bring up now to remind everyone "what's next?"... so here's some random thoughts in no particular order:

- Pray for nice weather, that always helps...

- Less than 10 days until the event goes off. If you plan to ride, start planning now, we really do not know how many people will be there, check-in could be a little longer than normal so plan your arrival a tad earlier than normal if you can. Be patient please?

- Best behavior people, don't go flying around the parking lot, load and unload wearing a helmet, and use common sense for everything you do that day. Please?

- Bring extra cash!!! 50/50 raffles and all sorts of other goodies will be there, helmets, day passes to theme parks, clothing, gear, tools, you name it. EVERY SINGLE ITEM WAS DONATED so every PENNY goes into the Samantha fundraiser. Your raffle cash will go right into it too, please, be generous and hey, you can win some cool stuff and help a beautiful little girl in the process, why not ? ?

- Volunteers. I'm sure we'll get a few when we get there, but right now, there is just a handful, so please, if you can maybe find some time that would be great!

- PLEASE PLEASE say thankyou to ALL of the EMPLOYEES of Lost Trails! They are indeed a family, and what they are doing is nothing short of amazing!! I will be saying it all day, I hope you feel the same way! Kudos again and again, Tony and Leslie and family!

MOST IMPORTANT!!!!

PLEASE go to ALL the other ATV websites and dealerships that are aware of the RIDE FOR SAMANTHA and let them know the countdown has begun, HECK, COPY AND PASTE THIS if you want! There are some AMAZING people out there helping spread the word with this ride, I've seen this ride on TONS of sites, be sure to get it out there again please. My last count was darn near 20+ websites! I hope there is a huge showing from all of them! If they can't make it, there is still time to mail a check in too..HERE http://www.theatvzone.com/ATV/SAMFLYER1.jpg <<--

As I think of things, I'll be sure to post it.

Thanks to all the other websites out there , without you guys spreading the word, it wouldnt be where it is now!

Thank you!

MarGinJoey

Http://www.TheATVZone.com

Only 4 days left untill the Ride for Samantha. The weather looks like it will be in our favor. 73 degrees partly sunny. We have tons of raffel items. Someone even donated a dirt bike. I got a box in the mail last week from The Kansas ATV Asso. with a bunch of shirts and a check for $50.00. ATV'ers are the greatest people on earth. Hope you all can come out to Ride for Samantha or just to stop by and buy a raffel ticket and meet the Lttle Princess in person. She'll melt your heart. 4 days and counting.

Hello Everyone,

Well it appears the ATV RIDE FOR SAMANTHA has indeed begun its countdown.... we are already into the single digits!!!

Some things I thought I should bring up now to remind everyone "what's next?"... so here's some random thoughts in no particular order:

- Pray for nice weather, that always helps...

- Less than 10 days until the event goes off. If you plan to ride, start planning now, we really do not know how many people will be there, check-in could be a little longer than normal so plan your arrival a tad earlier than normal if you can. Be patient please?

- Best behavior people, don't go flying around the parking lot, load and unload wearing a helmet, and use common sense for everything you do that day. Please?

- Bring extra cash!!! 50/50 raffles and all sorts of other goodies will be there, helmets, day passes to theme parks, clothing, gear, tools, you name it. EVERY SINGLE ITEM WAS DONATED so every PENNY goes into the Samantha fundraiser. Your raffle cash will go right into it too, please, be generous and hey, you can win some cool stuff and help a beautiful little girl in the process, why not ? ?

- Volunteers. I'm sure we'll get a few when we get there, but right now, there is just a handful, so please, if you can maybe find some time that would be great!

- PLEASE PLEASE say thankyou to ALL of the EMPLOYEES of Lost Trails! They are indeed a family, and what they are doing is nothing short of amazing!! I will be saying it all day, I hope you feel the same way! Kudos again and again, Tony and Leslie and family!

MOST IMPORTANT!!!!

PLEASE go to ALL the other ATV websites and dealerships that are aware of the RIDE FOR SAMANTHA and let them know the countdown has begun, HECK, COPY AND PASTE THIS if you want! There are some AMAZING people out there helping spread the word with this ride, I've seen this ride on TONS of sites, be sure to get it out there again please. My last count was darn near 20+ websites! I hope there is a huge showing from all of them! If they can't make it, there is still time to mail a check in too..HERE http://www.theatvzone.com/ATV/SAMFLYER1.jpg <<--

As I think of things, I'll be sure to post it.

Thanks to all the other websites out there , without you guys spreading the word, it wouldnt be where it is now!

Thank you!

MarGinJoey

Http://www.TheATVZone.com

• 2 weeks later...

I'm slowly getting around to all the forums to thank everyone that came out to the ride. It was great to see everyone and finally meet some of you. I'm sorry I didn't get to meet everyone, I had a lot on my mind that morning. It was a last minute decision for me to go, but I'm glad I did. Talking with everyone and gettin my chops busted buy some of you, really helped cheer me up. The fact that you were willing to come out in the rain and ride for my daughter really showed that the ATV community has a big heart.

Unfortunately, as some of you know, Samantha got sick the day before the ride and could not attend. She developed a blood infection that went from bad to worse frighteningly fast. She stated getting fluid in her lungs and had difficulty breathing. As is standard practice with that, she was sedated and a breathing tube put into her with a suction line to remove excess fluids. That Sunday afternoon, when her Oncologist felt she was out of immediate danger, he told us that we were probably only about 2 hours from loosing her. Things happen for a reason sometimes, and if she had gotten sick at the ride we may not have made it in time.

The breathing tube was removed this past Friday and she was allowed to wake up. This morning she finally said a few words to her sister, and is starting to come around. Once she starts eating again they will let her come home.

Here is a link to a news clip from the ride

http://media.myfoxnepa.com/special/localshows/tgo/2008/100608/part2.html