Quantcast

Brudeli 625L Tilting 3 Wheeler

Ajmboy

Kinda Looks like what Harley is working on.....

Closely following the launch of the new Tri Glide, Harley-Davidson is smashing their stereotype with a trike that leans into the bends like a normal motorcycle.

This is not the first time we've heard about – a leaning Harley-Davidson trike. But only now can we say with a decided amount of certainty that this model will indeed be launched, and by the looks of it at the Intermot show in October.

A US Patent Office details a registration by Harley-Davidson for "leaning suspension mechanics", along with a number of line sketches.

According to these sketches Harley is working along the lines of the Can-Am Spyder, which has proved very popular in the UK. The Harley-Davidson trike relies on a Y-shaped structure, like the Can-Am, with two wheels in the front for improved stability and handling, and one wheel in the rear.

On cornering the trike tilts so that the rider can lean into the bends, much like a normal motorcycle. Some of the advantage over a two wheeler are added steadiness especially on wet roads and hard braking, as well as extra comfort. Yet you don't sacrifice any of the wind-in-your-face motorcycle experience.

The three-wheel format is especially appealing to motorists keen to switch to a motorcycle because of the economic benefit, yet hesitant because of the perceived danger.

No mention has been made of the power source that will drive this trike, but it is unlikely to be a V-Rod engine. At least by the look of the drawings it seems that Harley has rather opted for an air-cooled V-twin. All eyes on the Intermot show then, which is kicking off in just more than two weeks.

ba6cd71bf6bb47b88c7babb610033211.jpg

852330d720ac46a2af8da3d98d935ebb.jpg

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Forum Topics

• By Paul Leatherman
      Hey all,

I am in search of a rear collar/hub part #2HT-25383-00-00 for my sons 4-wheeler. Of course it is very hard to find.

Does anyone have any idea where i might find or would a cross over from a different model work?

Thanks,
      Paul
    • By Dezertrider65
      I just have a question.
      If I was to buy 3 Wheeler from a private party say a 1985 Honda 350 can I get it made street legal and if not can I still ride it out in the Arizona deserts?
    • By Bennett
      I have this taotao quad four-wheeler all of a sudden my daughter was riding it and the clutch got loose and she can't change gears. I've tried tighten it up I've watched videos. I'm a single mother/father so I don't know what else to do to tighten it up can someone help me . This is the clutch. 

• By Saskatchewaner
      Anyone ever heard of a Grainger 3 wheeler? I have one I randomly bought years ago, looks like an auger motor with a ski-doo clutch mounted to a 1" square tube frame on 3 wheels. I believe the advertising paperwork it came with said this was the farming version and they made one called a big foot or sasquatch for hunting. It's quite the unit, but being belt drive has some obvious drawbacks in regards to playing in mud or water. Hard to find information on them, would be interesting to find out more history on it.
    • By h1000101b
      STREET LEGAL - ONE OF A KIND HARLEY DAVIDSON 4-WHEELER $9,500 OBO Sporster 883 bored to 1200cc built into a Street Legal Licensed and Insured 4-Wheeler. It has 400ex front end, 250r Rear end. All chromed out with new black gloss paint. I have a $500 Dakota Digital Speedometer to go with it (needs installed). I also have an extra rear gear and extra set of off-road mud tires and rims. Brakes need to be adjusted, and there's a few other touch ups that will place it into show quality. I haven't started it in a while. Ran Great last run. This bike has over $20k invested in work and time. It will go about 120 mph or more. With the other gear it will go about 60 mph. It rides great on and off road. It brings trophies and turns heads at shows. Shoot me a message or offer if interested. (May entertain trades). I will entertain any offers. This is your only chance to own a Street Legal 4 wheeler. Currently titles and registered in KY.