Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV, UTV or SxS? Join our Community Forum!

QUADCRAZY ATV Community and Forum are FREE to join! We keep our ATV, UTV, and SxS forums clean and user friendly. All first time posters in our forums will have to wait to have their content reviewed and approved. Once your first ten posts are approved, you will no longer need to go through a forum post approval process. To bypass the approval process with immediate access and a NO ADS experience in our ATV, SxS, and UTV forums, consider subsribing to a Premium Membership

Im thinkin...

Im gonna trade my quad for a boat. lol We found a boat we liked on Craigslist and Ive been wanting a new quad. So since Im pregnant and wont be riding for a little while...its a perfect time to get rid of the old one. We are gonna be looking at one today. Ill post pictures if we decide to get it. If we do...Ill be shopping around for a new one in the next few months. Checkin stuff out to see what I want. Im excited. :biggrin:

so i was thinkin on the way home that i need a new quad too....then i woke up from the dream adn thought about what i could do to fix mine up the way i wanted it. speakin of which, i'm lookin for some sick girly kinda graphics...

any suggestions?? i dont want just number plates, i want the actual graphics...and ones that i could put my sponsor names on would be awsesome.

Well...we got the boat...

I cried when they were driving away with my quad. :frown:

It sucked.

The boats cool though. Fun. We took it out that day. My son loves it. I havent got a chance to take any pics though. I will one day this week.

Im thinking about getting the YFZ450r. Any opinions on that?

Wheeler...Why dont you get some custom graphics made? There is a guy here that does some pretty sweet ones and I was thinking of having him make me some girly Vegas theme ones.

so i was thinkin on the way home that i need a new quad too....then i woke up from the dream adn thought about what i could do to fix mine up the way i wanted it. speakin of which, i'm lookin for some sick girly kinda graphics...

any suggestions?? i dont want just number plates, i want the actual graphics...and ones that i could put my sponsor names on would be awsesome.

For the amount of money you are dumping into your machine you could make a few payments on a new ride. Get financed.

Unless you get one of the few 450s with reverse, I highly recommend a 400 to a female. Before the girls try and rip my head off let me explain. Have you ever gotten a 450 stuck in some sticky stuff and try to lift the rear end out? Have you ever been on a shelf road that decides to end quickly? It is not that easy to lift the rear end up and turn it 180 degrees. I'm 6'2" even with that leverage on the machine I'm completely winded sometimes after moving it around by hand. That is why I recommend a 400 or something with reverse. Most of the 400s can hang with the 450 until late 3rd gear or early 4th.

Unless you get one of the few 450s with reverse, I highly recommend a 400 to a female. Before the girls try and rip my head off let me explain. Have you ever gotten a 450 stuck in some sticky stuff and try to lift the rear end out? Have you ever been on a shelf road that decides to end quickly? It is not that easy to lift the rear end up and turn it 180 degrees. I'm 6'2" even with that leverage on the machine I'm completely winded sometimes after moving it around by hand. That is why I recommend a 400 or something with reverse. Most of the 400s can hang with the 450 until late 3rd gear or early 4th.

True dat! I love my 400ex, reverse is invaluable for an old guy like me, and with a pipe and jets, it's got plenty of power . Granted, I'm not a girl, but some of my friends would argue that I ride like one.:laugh:

True dat! I love my 400ex, reverse is invaluable for an old guy like me, and with a pipe and jets, it's got plenty of power . Granted, I'm not a girl, but some of my friends would argue that I ride like one.:laugh:

I have seen a 400 modded to a 440 with everything under the sun hanging with some lightly modded 450s. The 400ex is based off the XR400. I know a guy that has a XR400 that hits 90mph according to a radar gun.

word. the 400 is rele corked up stock, but once you pipe it, jet it, and throw an airfilter on it, its beastly(not mine, my neighbor used to have a 406ex). the first thing id replace is stock suspension. IT SUCKS!!! aftermarket is soooo much more plush and smooth.

if you want a lil bit more power you cold grab a z400. theyre nice machines. they dont have the bottom end the 400 has, but pulls away from the ex after 4th gear.

Bot, totally agreed on the weight issue, I practiced w/Nick's 450 once....bahah, yeah right, I got that thing stuck in the mud and had a hard time getting it out cause it is so much heavier...Idk what I'm going to do, I want a newer 400ex, But, then again, my whole motor and clutch are new, my frames not rusting, I just got the suspension on it a few months ago...I really just want to find a bottom end thats an '05 or newer to put on mine for the reverse, make a few cosmetic changes for next season (which I'd do if I bought the new quad) and that's it.....what do you think about it?? I'm figuring if I put money into the one I have, it's going to cost about $1000 bucks at most to get it where I want it. I'm not sure I can even get mine sold for $2000 cause its an older model, regardless of the recent motor work....

Bot, totally agreed on the weight issue, I practiced w/Nick's 450 once....bahah, yeah right, I got that thing stuck in the mud and had a hard time getting it out cause it is so much heavier...Idk what I'm going to do, I want a newer 400ex, But, then again, my whole motor and clutch are new, my frames not rusting, I just got the suspension on it a few months ago...I really just want to find a bottom end thats an '05 or newer to put on mine for the reverse, make a few cosmetic changes for next season (which I'd do if I bought the new quad) and that's it.....what do you think about it?? I'm figuring if I put money into the one I have, it's going to cost about $1000 bucks at most to get it where I want it. I'm not sure I can even get mine sold for $2000 cause its an older model, regardless of the recent motor work....

sadly our 400s are a dime a dozn :frown: its hard to get wat we rele want out of them

i would keep the 400 and fix it up nice and not take any short cuts. have it fresh and 100% ready for next season

thanks scotttt :) I posted the real picture in the October contest you'll have to vote for me =]

and I know what you're talkin about Power, I guess that's what I'm going to do...Powdercoat the frame and A-arms.....get new nerfs, maybe some flexx bars (if anyone's selling any, let me know :) ), new back fenders, well wait, i have those just need to be put on, but I really want to get new graphics..., oh and I'd like to make myself a bump seat! anddd of course the new bottom end would be sweett

thanks scotttt :) I posted the real picture in the October contest you'll have to vote for me =]

and I know what you're talkin about Power, I guess that's what I'm going to do...Powdercoat the frame and A-arms.....get new nerfs, maybe some flexx bars (if anyone's selling any, let me know :) ), new back fenders, well wait, i have those just need to be put on, but I really want to get new graphics..., oh and I'd like to make myself a bump seat! anddd of course the new bottom end would be sweett

like the quadtech seats?

or the ones with extra padding?

I am trying to figure out what quad to get my son. He has outgrown his Predator 90 and he wants a blaster but I am thinking about getting him maybe a 250 or 300 4 stroker.

I'd take a good look at the Raptor 250. Sweet looking bike thats a sport quad from the ground up. Not a ute with sport plastics like the trx or the ltr.