I was looking through the Kawasaki book and am not sure what to think about Automatic shifting on a 700cc quad.

Officially it's called the Powerdrive system, but it seems to be just like an automatic with reverse. I don't mind having to change gears and I do a lot of trail riding so the low gears are good. I have no doubt that the 400 or 700 would be a good quad and take me anywhere I want to go, but am wondering about the automatic.

Anyone heard good or bad about it?

•  Like what you are reading? Please help us by sharing this content.

Is this something new? or is it like the Automatic on the Suzuki King quad 700? If it is than I can say that the tranny on the King Quad is awesome.

It looks to be the same according to the Kawi brochure. It just seems like stunts might be harder to do on the KFX700 instead of the 400.

gear selection and all.

I have a KFX700 and it is an awesome ride. Climbs great with no slippage and laughs at mud. True the 400 does react better in tight situations though.

The 700 is a wheelie machine. It is also adjustabe with springs to adjust lockup and stall. They can be made to be better than manual clutches. True you do lose more power through autos but your always in the power band.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Giuseppe
      Hi. I own a 2001 Yamaha Kodiak 400 4x4. I am looking to buy new rims for it. I just don't know what rims exactly that I need to get as the back and front rims have a different offset. I'm looking at the itp Delta rims. I have tires from my grizzly that I would like to use on my Kodiak. They are size 25. If anyone could help with the specific rims that I need to order, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
    • By ut1w7b
      I have a 94 sportsman 400. It sat for several years before i got it. I have cleaned the carb it will start and run for about 5 min then it will flood. I have torn it down and cant see anything wrong. has anyone else ran into this problem any hel would be great.
    • By toonces
      I'm wanting to run Shell Rotella T6 synthetic in the 700 Griz but I can only find it in either 0W-40 or 5W-40 weights, and the manual says it's ok to use everything BUT those weights...5W-30, 10W-30, 10W-40, 15W-40, 20W-40 and 20W-50.
      Would it be ok to use the Rotella 5W-40 or do I need to stick to what's specified in the manual?
    • By ej200421
      i was wondering if i could get some help. i been trying to locate where the fuel and air adjustment screws are located on my 95 kodiak 400. i think i found the fuel screw.. i know where the throttle adjuster is but i cant find the air screw. or is there an air adjustment on these carbs?
    • By bodatiouskid
      Have a 2002 Polaris Sportsman 700 that only has 34mi. on a carb & ring job.
      Cut the gas off today to drain carb.Now engine will not idle.If I open throttle will run,but let off & will cut off.Can screw idle in with no change.
      What happened? Why did this happen when fuel ran out?
      Please help me,my ATV is a daily driver.
      Please help!!