Quantcast

and now a message from the geeks

I got my Seagate 500GB external harddrive today yeehaw! Between three computers that brings my storage up to 780 GB.

Bot it from Walmart.com, most ppl don't know that even exists, but they sell a LOT of stuff online that doesn't go to the stores.

it was $84 including freight. Seagate. 500GB 5 [FIVE] year warranty.

I'm an idiot [ask admin or quadcrazy] when it comes to THIS stuff, but pics and videos is where I live and this is just what I needed. Cannot beat the price, may even get another one! Took me 5 minutes to set up. VERY IMPRESSED. walmart.com check it out.

:wink:

OH, one other item I got was a dvd player HDMI upconvert. Magnavox, works beautifully, very happy, about $55. What it does is upconvert ANY DVD from 480SD to 1080iHD and YES it WORKS. No need to blow all that cash on a blueray!!!

I took some old VHS of 8MM family stuff and ran it thru the Lite-On to burn it to dvd. then we watched the dvd in the upconvert player. It was awesome! Hooks up to HDMI ONLY to work. excellent! Question? happy to oblige!

Edited by Raptor8

I think the best purchase I ever made [well one of em] was this 19" widecreen LCD monitor. Having been with computers clear back to the plasma screens of the late 70's, I'm sure it has had an affect on my eyesight. and sitting for hours in front of a TV screen is NOT GOOD. and I paid a LOT for that monitor too. Clear, but very tiring. this LCD - no complaints, does not wear my eyes out at all. Mine says 'ENVISION' on it but I doubt it matters, seems Matsushita pretty much runs the world market.

I don't see a need to go bigger, do you? perhaps when TV tuner cards are $10 each....:cute:

Yeah Ajmboy, you did a good job there! I remember reading that! 3 and 4 AM is where I live but NOT out in the cold, unlike most other people hahaha. I did ALL my shopping this year online and you can catch some GREAT one-day deals and a lot of FREE freight- they finally realized- hell, I have a cup of coffee ready for the UPS man a couple times a week! That and USPS which has been really good, considering my mailbox is a long way away and completely vulnerable to idiots and hormone monsters, I have received pretty much everything I ordered......if I didn't receive it I don't know about it yet hahahaa:cute:

those are the same pennies. I used a small box, some of that wall foam that expands, put some foam in, poured all the pennies in the middle and covered her over.

as for pics it just escapes me. I do lots of video and photo editing but this stuff frustrates me. For some reason I can't make it work! must be a setting somewhere...

I just signed up for 7Mbps speed and if I like it, I will go to 12Mbps. 20 is available, but I can't afford it....

I am sure there are skills you are better at than others....

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Forum Topics

• By kiriyaaoi
      Hello everyone, I just picked up an 02 LT-F250F the other day and have been in the process of tearing it down to fix some stuff- one of which was the cylinder base gasket leaking like a sieve. Well, I know why that is now, and I also discovered that someone had been in there before. I didn't take pictures, but it looks like it was probably run low on oil at some point, the cam journals and the "bearings" (for lack of a better term) in the head and the valve cover are totally wiped out, very deep grooves.  From what I know it's very difficult to repair aluminum in this way, so I'm trying to figure out where to go next.

1. Have someone grind down the head and valve cover and fit actual bearings in since the aluminum is screwed, and have the cam ground down to match.  I have no idea what this would cost.
      2. Buy a replacement head+cam+valve cover.

#1 I was hoping someone might have some advice on, but #2 seems like it'll (probably) be the more cost effective option.  However I'm running into some difficulty, it seems like the 2001 and 2002 models specifically use a different head part number,  11100-19B10, instead of  11100-19B01 like for all earlier models.  What exactly is the difference between them? There are obviously far more of the earlier heads because it ran for over 10 years.  Are they actually interchangeable? I've also noticed there are heads from the LT250EF that has 4 valve heads but also otherwise look identical.  Would those work as well possibly?  I'd like to not have to drop $500 on machine work or new heads on a $1300 quad that I'm already putting a bunch of new parts on.  Oh, and it has a new piston and the cylinder itself looks pretty good too, as I said someone was in here before me.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. I'll post pics of the carnage tomorrow.

• By mywifeknowseverythin
      For those of you who are into coffee, I found this little article that might interest some of you.

I admit it. I am a coffee snob. I try not to be obnoxious about it, but let the record show: I enjoy a really great cup of coffee. But pay $4 a cup for it? No way. Even snobs have their limits.
      Over the years, I’ve learned that a really good cup of coffee has less to do with money and more to do with knowledge and care. In fact—and this is the amazing thing—the more I learn, the less I spend.
      BEANS. Purchase whole bean coffee as soon after it has been roasted as possible. Freshness is the key to a superb cup of coffee. Purchase in small amounts—only as much as you can use within 2 weeks of being roasted.
      RATIO. The perfect ratio of coffee beans (prior to grinding) and water is: One-half cup whole beans to 8 cups of water.
      GRIND. Grind your beans as close to brew time as possible. A burr or mill grinder that crushes the beans is preferable to a blade grinder that cuts them. Once ground, coffee should be used immediately.
      WATER. If your water is highly chlorinated use bottled or filtered water. It must be right at 200 F, just short of boiling temperature, when it hits the dry grinds. This is critical to creating a great cup of coffee. Consume immediately.
      STORE. The enemies of roasted coffee beans are air, moisture, heat and light—in that order. Keep your beans in an airtight container that is not close to moisture (sink, dishwasher), heat (oven, stove) or light (countertop). Do not store your daily coffee in the refrigerator or freezer because contact with moisture causes it to deteriorate. For larger quantities of roasted beans that you cannot use within 2 weeks, wrap in airtight bags and store for up to a month in the freezer—making sure the beans are completely protected against moisture. Once removed from the freezer, do not return.
      BUY. Most supermarkets offer high-quality, roasted coffee beans for $.60 to $1 per ounce ($9.50 - $16.00 per pound). Ouch! Discount warehouse clubs like Costco, Sam’s and B.J.’s have considerably less expensive coffee at about $9 a pound for name brands like Starbuck’s and Peet’s. Still, that’s too rich for my blood.
      ROAST. I roast my own coffee for two reasons: It is infinitely better tasting and half the price. I purchase green coffee beans by mail order for about $4 - $6 a pound, depending on current conditions and variety. I started out roasting in a popcorn popper (West Bend’s Poppery II is ideal) and have graduated to a small coffee roaster. My favorite resource for everything from roasting instructions to green coffee beans is http://www.u-roast-em.com/. Owner Jim Cameron has a wealth of knowledge and is anxious to share.
      You won’t believe how easy it is to roast coffee. And enjoyable, too. I roast only one-week’s worth at a time—about twenty minutes. Green coffee beans have an indefinite, useful shelf life of at least a year, and probably two or longer. But I’ll never know. Coffee beans just don’t last that long around my house!
    • By Gwbarm
      It seems every ATV i look at to buy used has no title, does everyone loose there title, or do they change hands so often the title is lost in the shuffle. The ones that do have titles are triple the price. I am new to buying used quads is this pretty standard procedure.
      I know all quads are good and tough but thought it might be good to hear opinions as to what member think is the best, from your experiences.
    • By Dezertrider65
      I just have a question.
      If I was to buy 3 Wheeler from a private party say a 1985 Honda 350 can I get it made street legal and if not can I still ride it out in the Arizona deserts?
    • By YamahaGrizzly
      When it comes to embarking on thrilling ATV adventures, striking the perfect balance between customization and practicality is key. As you start modifying your ATV to tailor it to your preferences and needs, you might find that you're losing valuable storage space. But fear not! We're here to unravel a storage solution that's been the subject of many inquiries: Pelican cases and their budget-friendly alternatives.
      Losing Storage During Customization
      It's no secret that as you soup up your ATV with exciting modifications like racks, snorkels, or specialized equipment, the available storage space can shrink. This conundrum has sparked a common question among enthusiasts: "How can I keep my storage capacity while enhancing my ride?"
      The Storage Dilemma: Resolved
      Enter the hero of our story: Pelican cases. These rugged, dependable cases are renowned for their durability and waterproofing, making them an excellent choice for ATV storage. Not only do they protect your gear from the elements, but they also offer ample space to stow away essentials securely.
      However, we understand that Pelican cases might not fit everyone's budget. Fear not! A more economical option awaits. While not as renowned as Pelican, there are budget-friendly cases that offer decent protection without burning a hole in your pocket. These alternatives can be a great compromise between affordability and functionality.
      Securing the Solution
      Attaching these cases to your ATV is another crucial step. U-bolts come to the rescue, providing a sturdy way to fasten the cases onto your quad. The key here is to ensure a secure fit that can withstand the rigors of off-road adventures. To take it a step further, silicone the holes where the bolts go through. This creates an extra layer of protection against water infiltration, keeping your gear dry even when the trails get muddy.
      In Conclusion
      As you transform your ATV into the ultimate adventure companion, storage doesn't have to be compromised. Pelican cases offer premium protection for your belongings, while their more affordable counterparts bring similar benefits without breaking the bank. By attaching them securely with U-bolts and employing a bit of silicone magic, you can hit the trails with peace of mind, knowing your essentials are safe and sound.
      So, whether you're venturing into the wilderness or tackling tough terrains, your ATV can now carry both the thrill of customization and the convenience of ample storage. Get ready to rev up and ride out – your gear's in good hands!
      Remember: Modify, store, and conquer – all in one unforgettable ride!
      Share your storage hacks and tips in the comments below, and let's keep the adventure going!
      I'll humbly leave this link to my Amazon Store front, I don't sell the product but I do receive a small commission!  https://www.amazon.com/shop/offroad.dan/photo/amzn1.shoppablemedia.v1.7c4986ab-557d-4b6e-bd22-493008782ffe?ref_=aip_sf_photo_spv_ons_mixed_d