has anyone used them? do they really make a dramatic improvemnet on performance? are they worth the price and would you recomend them?

thanks

•  Like what you are reading? Please help us by sharing this content.

If you have done anything aftermarket to your Bike,,,,Pipe Etc......You will likely have to Re-Jet....But not before you have done a Proper Plug Chop.....If you are runnin a Stocker.....Then you dont need to re jet....Its Wast of money.....If you do re jet....You DONT need the Whole Kit....Wast of money.....

And yes....I have used them..Worked Fine....

Also,,,,If you buy a new pipe from X Brand Company....They normally Supply you with the "Jet Kit" you will need to get the Proformance out of that pipe....

Edited by mywifeknowseverythin

has anyone used them? do they really make a dramatic improvemnet on performance? are they worth the price and would you recomend them?

thanks

I have used one on my Arctic Cat DVX400.I installed a full system exhaust and an air intake kit on it.The exhaust I bought came with a jet kit;but it was only a selection of main jets.I installed the recommended main jet and at idle the headpipe turned orange hot(similar to right before you apply air on a cutting torch) and it shot flames out the muffler even w/ the spark arrester in:mad:.I ordered a dynojet kit and it came with the main jet selection,an adjustable needle(oem was non adjustable),a drill bit for the fuel screw plug,and some very well written instructions.I installed the stage 2 setting of the dynojet kit.It now never turns colors and runs very well;excellent throttle responce,no bog,the e fan doesn't come on as often,and I'm getting better fuel economy also:biggrin:.I've read a jet kit helps a stock machine but have no personal experience on that.Hope this helps

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By HomerBill
      I have a 1996 King Quad 300 LT-F4WDX ATV
      I tried to install a carburetor rebuild kit but there were no instructions and I am unable to find them. Anybody know what the "Pilot Screw" is set at? The engine starts but seems to be flooding- very difficult to get the rpms up and engine acts flooded.
      I set the screw to 3 turns from closed. It is called the "Pilot Screw" on exploded views of the carb.
      It is a Mikuni BST 31 single carb.
      Thanks for any help!
      Bill Roberts
    • By tuke
      Hi. I recently had to replace the diaphragm on my QM 500, so I decided to add a sigma 6 jet kit. I basically replaces the main jet with a 135 (was 130) and moved the clip on the needle down one space (as per their directions) towards the RICH direction. Now that I have it reinstalled it starts great, idles great but if you try and give it any throttle it sputters, pops and looses all power. With the choke on it will accept throttle.
      This implies to me that I am running LEAN, which seems strange as I moved the needle towards rich and put a bigger jet in?
      I have checked the rubber connections on either side of the carb, the carb has been out and it is CLEAN.
      So any thoughts other then just "clean the carb".
      Thanks
      Chris
    • By Gorilla_Whips
      Hey guys, if you need any LED safety whips or undermount kits, look no further than Gorilla Whips Safety Whip Flags. These are the best, brightest and toughest whips and undermounts you will find on the market today. And if you use promo code: DAR10, anytime, we'll give you a 10% discount off your entire order! This promo code does not expire!
      If you love Cyber Monday deals, make sure to check out this deal that runs through Cyber Monday
      CYBER MONDAY ONLY SALE: Get 20% off orders of $250 or more on December 1st. Light up your #ATV, #UTV, #RZR, truck, and more with the top rated color changing LED Xtreme whips and Undermount kits from Gorilla Whips Safety Whip Flags. Use PROMO CODE: FANS20 #StrongerBrighterBetterGuaranteed #CyberMonday #LEDs

• By TR33_FRoG738
      i put a higher compression piston in my 400ex and now when i drive it roughly every 30 seconds or so it dies down like it is out of gas then it picks back up again after about 5 seconds of that, i was wondering if the piston would require a bigger jet or could it be because i dident get it back in time just right?
      ps. it has a pipe on it but im not sure if its full or slip on
    • By Earthmover
      Hi I'm thinking of installing a body lift kit on my 02 F-250. Can any one tell me if there is any hidden costs involved for instance, do I need to extend my brake lines, steering collum transmission linkages or wiring