Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

keithc

2007 Honda Rancher 420 transmission problem

I have a 2007 honda rancher 420 with trans problems. When I am riding it with the motor at around half and throttle and up the gear light will start to flash and then go away for about 5 seconds and then a dash will come up where the gear is sapose to be. I have to cut the fourwheeler off and use the front brake to crank it in gear and than wait a few seconds before it will shift. It does it in all gears except reverse as far as I know. It started about 4 months ago and is getting worse everytime i ride it. Please help me figure out how to fix it or atleast what is going on so I can take it to have it fixed.

Welcome to QUADCRAZY! I would think that you have an issue with your shift sensor. Have you checked into that?

Moderator please move this thread into Honda Mechanical.

Unfortunately I do not have any parts diagrams for that, you should really invest in a good manual for that machine.

But try looking on the left side if the machine under the fender. Look for electrical wires to a sensor. Maybe wires are sheered or sensor cracked. Do you have a metal cover over by the starter area?

I know there are sensors under the left fender (looking from the front) I will check them tomorrow when I get off duty thanks for the help i will get back to you.

There is a sensor that is referred to as the angle sensor, which could be your issue. If you are not confident, you should have someone troubleshoot it for you at a shop/dealer.

Once you locate the sensor, look at the condition of the wires, connector, and sensor iteself. Make sure no trail debris hit it.

420code221cw7.jpg

Look at #10 below:

HJ0706035051.gif

If it turns out bad, go to Bike Bandit where you can get it for @ $70 Part# 5904359-001

There is a series of long & short flashes you have to count ..

I didn't know that..how do you set it to flash/check? Are you putting it into some sort of flash/diagnostic mode?