I'm looking for some new wheels and tires for my 300ex. What size should I get. I do not want to loose too much speed and I am thinking of going up a tooth on the front sprocket. Let me know what you think. Thanks.

•  Like what you are reading? Please help us by sharing this content.

I would go with some Maxxis Razr2's on some Douglas Blue labels.

Stick with stock size rims but get a 20x10/20x11x I think you have 9" rims.

what kind of riding do you do? if they are for woods/trail riding you could go with the razr 2's or ITP GNCCs....we run both of those, depending on the conditions...

if you do primarily MX tracks, stick with the razrmx.

Wheels, you can prob. get away with regular steel rims...if you compete, go for a more expensive that will help seal the beads, like Hipers or Beadlocks....

Just a thought.

If you go up a tooth on the front sprocket, I would go down 2" on the rear tire size or you will notice a significant drop in acceleration and you will need to work the clutch alot more at low speeds.

yes, I didn't go down on tire size and ended up burning the clutch.

If you go up a tooth on the front sprocket, I would go down 2" on the rear tire size or you will notice a significant drop in acceleration and you will need to work the clutch alot more at low speeds.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By extremerider
      I would like to replace my ATV Tires after the winter season and go off roading. What brand should I go for? I would like to find something affordable yet durable.
    • By Ajmboy
      Got a new set of QUADBOSS QBT447 Utility Tires w/Scoville Boss Wheels!
      This article is actually my machine, take a moment to read: QUADBOSS QBT447 Utility Tires w/Scoville Boss Wheels » QUADCRAZY ATV Articles

Ill be sending more in for the write up as we go through the winter and I get her out on the trail.
    • By D__L
      I want to upgrade, not sure what size tires will fit and do I need wheel spacers and lift kit?
      What performance mods do I need to do for the larger tires or don't need to ?
      Like the Maxxis Vipr tires.
      Maxxis Vipr front 27x9R-14
      Maxxis Vipr Rear 27x11R-14
      What size wheel will work? offset?
      Stock 25x10-12 Rears and 25x8-12 Fronts
      Stick with 12 inch wheels and get taller tires?
      Thanks,
    • By Scubasonic
      Have a 2015 Outlander Can Am Max 1000 XT 2up want to put Bighorns on it but they dont make em for the size ATV came with which is F 26X8X12 B 26X10X12 will the bighorns work with no issues they are F 26X9X12 B 26X12X12 little wider
      Scubasonic
    • By quadville
      Has anyone tried the GPS XII Run Flat tires. We just got a set for hunting season and these are the best thing I have ever seen. If your looking for a tire that you don't have to worry about flats this is the tire. We have purchased many different brands for our machines over the years and nothing like these ever. A little on the pricy side but I have to say well worth every penny.