Quantcast

Winching it up!

Guest Fox300exchic

Guest Fox300exchic

The idea of putting a winch on an ATV is nothing new, but putting one on a sport ATV is something somewhat new. When Warn Winch introduced their 1.5 series winches a while back, they said “insurance only weighs 11 pounds” and showed it mounted to a sport quad. We used the 1.5ci model with 1,500 pound capacity.

http://www.atvconnection.com/Features/Feature_Articles/Winching-It-Up.cfm

• 4 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Forum Topics

• By Ajmboy
      What's the best kids atv out there? I've seen everything from the ones released by the major manufacturers to all those knock offs. Kawasaki has a KFX 50 that is pretty nice for under $1800...

• By newguy024
      Just got into ATV riding just last week, never had much money so i couldnt afford to buy anthing, so now at the age of 34 i just bought a 1987 suzuki quadrunner 300 for 500$ took it out a few times and what a rush of excitement to go through that first mudhole haha!
    • By Ajmboy
      Anyone purchase or check out Rockymtnatv lately? Well I was just browsing over there and they have a pretty cool section called Ten Dollars Or Less. Some interesting things to check out if you are in the market.

• By cavry
      Has anyone changed the steel cable on a 1500 lb. winch to dyneema?  Was this a positive move?  I live in the mountains of Ga. near the Ga/NC line.  There is lots of rocky ground, rough creeks and gullies, and too much red clay. I've used the steel multiple times (a couple of those I needed my doubling block) with no negative outcomes.  Anyway, are there benefits to Dyneema? What is the working life? Does the cost justify the effort to change?,
    • By HoldenBoy
      Hi all,
      Looking for some help on a starter/bendix issue. Can Am outlander 450 2017. While cranking to start, the starter spins and engages into the ring gear. After a few seconds the bendix retracts while still spinning and there is no damaged teeth on the drive pulley.