Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV, UTV or SxS? Join our Community Forum!

QUADCRAZY ATV Community and Forum are FREE to join! We keep our ATV, UTV, and SxS forums clean and user friendly. All first time posters in our forums will have to wait to have their content reviewed and approved. Once your first ten posts are approved, you will no longer need to go through a forum post approval process. To bypass the approval process with immediate access and a NO ADS experience in our ATV, SxS, and UTV forums, consider subsribing to a Premium Membership

New air box

Well picked up a insane performance air box on ebay for $70 got her on today wiring all done. More than I figured several times I was :mad: and :aargh: lmao stupid cylinoid. Somehow it got turned around and was jumping itself but got it figured out and got her all done kinda sorta I have it on and everything inside just gotta clean the inside up a bit.

I removed quiet a bit of extra weight off it and still gotta grind off some of the brackets and such im guessing a total of 3 to 5 lbs just by changing boxes. I removed the box for the case breather and installed 2 mini K&N filters give it a dif look all together and pretty nifty if I do say so lol.

Decals were on it I need to remove them since I dont have anything of it on my bike lol.

1002016r.jpg

Well it cant be hurting. All it is is a snorkle for the transmission and its just filtering air going into both the transmission and the carb so neither is getting raw air. Most atv's just have a hose I just dropped a big plastic box off it and put two filters. Dont think it will help but it wont hurt it either and it looks cooler lol.

I will get pics been working on one my the laptops all day its being a pain and I got to finish getting the dual wileyco exhaust on the DS

Im all over it if it becomes a problem I can run my old stock breather kit dont think it will. The DS has been setup with a single on the crank case for awhile now with nothing wrong so far.

And sorry about not getting pics. My wireless router is giving me havoc and its been hard to do anything online. Thought it was the laptop after doing everything possible to fix it moved farther down the line to the router now its just getting the right time to get online.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Forum Topics

• By Suzukiquad
      If you had to choose one mod that you couldn't live without, or had to recommend one what would it be? 
    • By Fish0rDie
      Well yall, it's been a while. Work has absolutely annihilated me for the past 5-6 months, and ive had bare minimum time to work on this project. Thank you to those that helped previously during the engine rebuild, but now were on to the task of wiring, and let me tell you besides the plugs on the wiring, I am almost completely lost. Bought an ebay harness, and none of the colors line up to what i have seen on any manuals. Its all the 97-01 electronics i believe. Ill post some pictures below of the mess I'm working with. Emphasis on "mess." A lot of the wires had to be extended since the harness was made for an atv and not a buggy. The colors are a little wonky, but I was using what I had, and they were mostly for just extending the plugs, so the colors match on either end. A buddy of mine has been helping me, and we are just at a loss. Looking for general guidance or any wire specific help you could give us. Not even sure if some of the single wires are plugged in right, and we dont have a "lever switch" wondering if thats just for the brake, because the master cylinder has two screws. I suppose a + and -... We also have what I believe are the reverse and neutral sensors to plug in (the only two sensors on the engine)
      P.S. peep the custom airbox i 3d printed to utilize a lawn mower filter and 2x2 coupling from lowes 
      If you need better pictures of anything, let me know, It's kind of hard to get pictures of this rats nest.
      Wires that are not connected to anything
      4th picture black wire
      5th picture blue wire w white stripe left/solid blue on right
      6th picture what I believe to be the lever switch from pictures I saw on ebay
      7th picture is two black wires coming out of the harness. One we have running back to a black with white stripe that comes out of a different place in the harness. The other that had an end to match the single wire coming from the handle bar switch. Single handle bar wire has a white stripe, so I may try to switch those around if the ends permit it.
      I know it just looks god awful, but i really do think we are close, and the idea is to figure out whats going where, then figure out how to make it look better, so bear with me haha. Any help is appreciated. Just finished a little go kart for my wife with a predator 212, and gosh do I envy that wiring (there is none😂)

• By afterburn
      From North Carolina here and glad to join this group.
    • By beast6228
      So the other day I picked up a Lakota 300, it's going to be a new project for a bit, the engine is super clean and so is the frame...luckily the VIN was intact.  However, it is the missing the air box (the one that holds the filter) but it does have the air chamber that goes to the carb.  These air boxes seem to be pretty pricey, so my question is has anyone had any luck running a pod filter on theirs and if so, what kind of jets are you running? The carb on this one is a Keihin CVK, I have yet to pull it off and inspect it.
    • By akira gatewood sr.
      Just bought 07 450ER and took it out for a ride(20 min) came back in and saw oil on swing arm. Upon further inspection found it was coming from air box. Wondering if it could be to much oil ( draining and refilling both tomorrow) , or possibly something worse. Guy isn't answering any questions now smh.. thanks ahead of time
  • Similar Tagged Forum Content